Thursday, April 04, 2013

Learning at home

As I continue to feel better, I am really making it a point to try to spend at least 30 minutes each day really focusing on learning. Isaac will turn 5 in May, and we have decided that he will not start Kindergarten here on the island at the Base school. (The school is only open one more year, and we are only here one more year.) Instead, we will hold him "back" and allow him and Sidge to do Kindergarten together starting the summer of 2014. However, this next year, I hope to do a "mini" kindergarten routine with them at the house. Check out some of the stuff we did this week:

Both boys wrote their first word this week. D-O-G. (This one is Sidge's, but Isaac's looked great too!)

Here is Sidge with an "A" and a "B". Both boys can now write A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I and J.

This made me smile. Sidge said this is a "pillow with a bend in it." 

Look closely to see Batman's big letter A.

No comments: