Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ninety seconds

The boys were playing cars next to me while I was typing on the computer. I decided to record, for just ninety seconds, what they said to each other. It is so random. I can't follow half of it. And yet they are communicating in their own way. I love listening to them. I love to think that because of our infertility and because of our adoption, they will forever have each other. They have a playmate all the time. That will change who they are and what they become. I love that they are "twin" brothers.

Isaac: "Elijah, is this your house? This is my house and this is my house and this is my house."
Elijah: "You can't come to our house."
Isaac: "This is my house and this is my house and this is my house and this is my house ..."
Elijah: "And these is my house and these is my house."
Isaac: "Uh oh. Time to wake up."
Elijah: "So he jumped over that car and backed up."
Isaac: "Don't come thru here."
Elijah: "Don't come thru here. Uh oh, it's time to leave our house. It's time to go. Uh oh. I got to go back to my house. Scuze me."
Isaac: "They said, 'May we please come to your house.' We have to go to your house and if you don't let me frew, I would have to go around. May you please ..."
Elijah: "Me too."
Isaac: "No, you aren't come to mine. The end. We are having a meeting right here."
Elijah: "No, these are a race car."
Isaac: "Only slow cars can come in."
Elijah: "Well he's a slow car."
Isaac: "Only super cars."
Elijah: "He's a super car."
Isaac: "I'll call the police on you."
Elijah: "Look! He crashed."
Isaac: "I told him to go and he said 'no' so I'll call the police." (Pause). "This is the police."
Elijah: "He's flying."
Isaac: "Police, he's not going can you take him to jail? The police said, 'we'll take you to time out.'"
Elijah: "He can fly. Oh. Big crash. Ooops. He crashed again. He will not go to the police. He's a bogo."
Isaac: "Elijah? Excuse me."
Elijah: "Yeah."
Isaac: "This is a police."
Elijah: "Where?"
Isaac: "Right here."
Elijah:"He's flying around."
Isaac: "No don't. Don't. Don't."
Elijah:"But he's flying around."
Isaac: "Don't fly around mine's. Your cars want you to sing a song."
Elijah:"No, they don't."
Isaac: "Mommy, is this a bad word? If I say, 'I don't want to talk to you?'"
Me: "It isn't nice to say that."
Elijah:"What about idiot and shut up. Are those bad words?"
Me: "Yes, those are bad words."
Isaac: "Time to wake up and play."
Elijah: "No, he's not waking up."
Isaac: "I just said it to my stuff. Let's go get some more cars. Heyyy, that's mine from Er-onica. Hey Grama K. gave that to me."
Elijah: "Hey Mommy, I got this one first."
Isaac: "But that's mine. I'll call the police on you."
Elijah: "Isaacccc?"
Isaac: "What banananny?"
Elijah: "I was lost. Thanks for finding me."
Isaac: "I live right here."
Elijah: "It's time for beddie pie."

No comments: