Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Funnies

I love when Isaac uses word like handled, or delicious. He tore a string off his clothes that was hanging loose and said, "It's okay Mommy. I handled it." Or he will say, "That is so delicious." In addition, Elijah has started saying things like "Ohhhh, that's so cute" or, when I ask him why he is doing something he'll reply," because I love to do that."
*****
I picked up some poster board from the BX (or tag board as they call it in Minnesota.) I wanted to make a "Welcome Home Sign" for Yamil & Patty's little boy. As I got into Stebbin's car, which I was borrowing, I set the sign on the roof, and you guessed it, when I got home, I realized it had blown away. "Arrrrrrgggghhhh!" I yelled.
Isaac: "Mommy? Why did you scream?"
Me: "Because I messed up and lost my poster board."
Isaac: "But you tell us not to scream."
Me: "I know. But I tell you not to scream inside. I was outside the car."
Isaac: "But you still shouldn't scream. Okay Mommy?"
*****
When Elijah whines (which is frequently), I tell him I do not understand him. "Go out of the room and come back in and try it again," I say.

When he does it successfully, he will ask me for something without whining by saying, "Ummm, Mommy, could I have some juice?" or something to the equivalent. When he does it correctly I reply by saying, "Yes sweet boy. I'd be happy to help you."
I didn't realize how often I was calling him sweet boy until he started coming into the room and saying, "Ummm ... sweet mommy? Could I have some juice?"
*****
Both boys had a plate with peanut butter and some crackers that they could dip into the peanut butter. Not unusual, Elijah ran out. Isaac still had a lot. Elijah asked me if he could have more. I turned to Isaac's plate, not wanting to waste the peanut butter on his.
Me: "Are you going to eat that Isaac?"
Isaac: "No, I'm all done."
Me: "So I can give your peanut butter to Eljiah?'
Isaac: "Yes."
I pick up his plate and begin scooping his extra peanut butter onto Elijah's plate. As soon as I am done and set it down, Isaac says, "Where's my peanut butter?"
Me: "I just asked you and you said you didn't want anymore."
Isaac: "But I do."
Me: "Are you sure?'
Isaac: "Yes."
Me: "Okay. Here."
I then scooped some out of the jar and gave it to Isaac. The moment I was done, Isaac said, "Can I be excused?"
Me: "Excused? I just gave you more peanut butter!"
Isaac: "But I'm full."
Sigh ...
*****
The boys were doing such a good job cleaning up that I said, "You guys are going to get five pennies to put in your bank." I said this because often times, Elijah especially, wants pennies instead of the nickel because it is "more." This time however, when I told them they would get five pennies, Isaac said, "Mommy, isn't that a nickel?"
*****
We were reading the book What do People Do All Day? by Richard Scarry. There was a page on jobs.
Me: "What does Daddy do for a job?"
Elijah: "Tickle our brains out?"
Me: "Noooo. That's silly. Where does he go and work?"
Isaac: "At the Clinic?"
Me: "Yes. And what does he do there?"
Elijah: "He makes people feel better."
Me: "That's right. And what does Mommy do for a job?"
Elijah: "You hold us?"
Isaac: "And you give us good food?"
*****
Me: "Who taught you how to build a plane out of legos like that Elijah?"
Elijah: "Isaac did."
Me: "Who is Isaac?"
Elijah: "He's with Daddy outside."
Me: "No, not where. Who? Who is Isaac?"
Elijah: "He is our's."
*****
Isaac: "Mommy, where do Chincillas come from?"; "Where do apples come from?" When I answer God, he says, "How?" These questions are really hard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a mom of twins the peanut butter story is so typical. Maybe that's how it is with all siblings regardless. But that has happened to us on many occasions and with all kinds of food/toys. We have now stopped doing that all together. If there is any food leftover then daddy eats it. Too funny :D

Bethany