Thursday, May 17, 2012

I couldn't do that

Some people tell me that they couldn't do what I do.

They say they couldn't live in another country. They couldn't be so far away from family. They couldn't say good bye over and over again. They couldn't spend holidays in a place that doesn't even celebrate Christmas. They couldn't venture out when they didn't know the language. They couldn't drive in a place where driving is so insane. They couldn't frequent a market. They couldn't make friends they knew would soon be on their way.

And to those people I tell you ... yes ... you ... could.

I think often times we think other people are stronger. Other people can do what we can't do. I have learned on my own journey that with the Lord's help, we can all do so much more than we ever thought we could.

Believe in yourself today. Not yourself under your own power. But yourself working through HIS power. That thing you think you can't do?

You can.

1 comment:

Tina @ Girl Meets Globe said...

We get this a lot too. I agree, anyone can do it if God is calling them to. With His strength we can do anything!
It's neat to see people who use to say that and are now living it out. How they've learned that those things that seemed so difficult really aren't.
Sometimes I think we are crazy for all the moving we've done and will be doing again! I mentioned that to a friend and she said "No, not crazy, just called!" Amen to that!