Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The U-S-A ...

... is where JB is at or in route to as we speak.

He has a Conference he was asked to attend back in the States. He will also get to spend a few extra days with his family. This is especially nice on the heels of his Grandmother's passing.

While I am excited (for him and his family) that he gets to go home, I already miss him. Having Veronica here is, of course, an incredible gift and makes the whole thing a lot better. (Veronica is a-w-e-s-o-m-e!) In addition, my friend from Eglin, Becky, is due in later this week. Another bit of cool timing by our Lord.

But it is still weird to be here, a foreign country, without the reason that we are here in the first place. I'm so happy he gets to go home but jealous just the same. We considered, for about ten seconds, me going with him. But, we knew that me traveling with both boys at this point in my pregnancy was not a great idea. The trip would either be (a) too short; or (b) I'd stay longer and have to do the return leg by myself.

So we opted to leave me here. A wise move I think, but I'm still quite jealous of JB eating Chik-Fil-A and me eating Turkish donners ...

... at least the Commissary had OJ today. That makes it all better (almost) I think.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I totally get it! I am always jealous of Ryan when he gets to go TDY. I tell him not to tell me what he's eating. :) Did you send JB with a big shopping list? I always send one with Ryan, and bless his heart he shops for me and the girls. You have to take advantage of the time in the "land o' plenty" I say!

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate... Since for me, this is kind of a 'foreigh' environment, (although I imagine it's nothing like being halfway around the world), being here alone without Yamil feels completely WRONG.. He IS the reason I'm here in the first place! I try to 'catch a ride' with him whenever I can, but sometimes (like right now), it's just not doable... I'll be sending many good vibes your way from one 'lone spouse' to another... :)
Much love!
-Patty