Sunday, March 20, 2011

A good little deed

I was just trying to do a good deed.

I look out the kitchen window and see one of my neighbor's two dogs wandering around.

I decide to return it home.

I leave Elijah and Scrubs inside the house. Isaac was still asleep. I should have thought through this more. I should have put Scrubs in our backyard or in the laundry room but I was just acting fast.

As I got outside to get neighbor's dog, I suddenly hear our door open. Elijah has helpfully opened the door, let Scrubs out to join me, and returned to his play.

Only this is not helpful at all. Now dogs want to play. Neighbor's dog doesn't want to go home.

When I finally do get neighbor's into the backyard, I notice that their other dog isn't there. So I put found dog in backyard and move to front of house to ring the doorbell. Neighbor's son opens the door and Scrubs goes running right on in.

While son and I determine that second dog is in his kennel and first dog is secure in backyard, I must now convince Scrubs to leave the house full of a thousand new dogs smells.

He finally does. We go home. Elijah is sitting on the floor playing. He tells me that he has pooped in his pants, which, is not his fault, since I was nowhere to be found.

Ten minutes that didn't go exactly as I planned I would say.
All for a tiny good deed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it shouldn't, but this made me giggle.