Monday, February 28, 2011

awergic

We often tell Isaac that he may not be allergic to eggs any longer when he is a big boy. He'll ask if he is allergic, we'll say yes, and he'll ask if he can have them when he gets bigger and we tell him that hopefully, when he grows up, he won't be allergic to them any longer. Somehow, this conversation transferred over to potty training.

Check out this train of logic:

Mommy: "You need to put on your underpants, Isaac."

Isaac replies with, "I don't want to put on underpants."

I reply with, "But you are a big boy."

Isaac comes back, "I am not a big boy."

"You are a big boy," I say back.

"No I'm not. I'm awergic to eggs."

I suppose his little mine translated the fact that he is still allergic to eggs as indicating that he is still a baby? I don't know. What I do know is that this morning, we are back to training again, and he is, still, naked. Somehow we'll have to figure out how to do this with pants on!

I also love that Scrubs is getting in on the pee-pee action. When one of the boys yell, "I need to go pee-pee," Mommy jumps up and so does Scrubs. We all head to the bathroom to see how things are going.

I have decided to hang out at the house this week. Gonna skip co-op and Bible Study and just hang out close to home so we can try to conquer this journey.

Veronica comes in later this week!!! We are so excited to have her join our family for the next year. We will be going from 5 family members (counting the doggie) to 7 in a matter of months. And two of them will be girls. :) This will make us 4 boys to 3 girls. But since Scrubby is more of an "it", I think we are sorta gonna be equal!

No comments: