Friday, May 12, 2006

We are off

Last night I posted on Hannah's Prayer asking for some feedback on how a transfer works. I got a lot of comments and advice and stories. Here is what I think I know:

  • I know we have to be there at 6:30 a.m.
  • I know I am not supposed to empty my bladder (but have been advised by my posting friends to empty a little if I can).
  • I know that JB can come in with me.
  • I know that we are going into an operating room.
  • I know they are giving me drugs that will leave me awake but quite a blonde!
  • I know we will be able to see our two fresh embryos on the monitor. (I cannot WAIT for this).
  • I know that I am going to eat chocolate oreo cookie blizzard tonight to celebrate (I have been off desserts for quite awhile).
  • I know that for the two weeks that follow I am on a lot of restrictions, and I will gladly follow all of them. I am not even allowed to vacuum!
  • I know that my stomach is currently VERY sore. I have been told this can take a few weeks to get better as my ovaries are very swollen and need to return to normal size.
  • I know I am already tired of lying on the couch. I am not a couch potato. The next two weeks of minimal activity will not be easy so I plan to jog to relieve the stress. HA HA! Gotcha there, huh? I'm just kidding. No exercise. And even if I wanted to, I can't. My hubby yells if I walk too fast! :)
  • I know that I am worried this will really hurt because my stomach is so sore already.
  • I know I will get to talk to the doctor and get an update on our embryos and our surprising sperm issue.
  • I know I have the best hubby in the world. He has been waiting on me all week and has really taken care of me. I know that he loves me despite the fact that I, well, we both have infertility issues! Imagine that.
  • I know I am very excited!

Thank you for all the positive comments yesterday. I am trying to be positive, faith-filled, and hopeful. Sometimes it is hard because I am scared, but I know that the Lord is faithful and He knows the desire of our hearts. I also know we have a LOT more than two people praying, and I am also blessed that we have a total of 3 tries. I have so much to be thankful for. Great friends, family, Savior, husband, the finances to do this, being at Mayo. And that's just the icing.

I think, since I will pretty doped up, that JB will update the blog when we return home sometime toward lunch. I think our good buddie Tara (a.k.a. "the chauffeur") will pick us up again. Yo Tara! You rock.

I also wanted to share one email we received this past week. We have received tons of emails filled with thoughts, prayers, and encouragement. They were all great. I got an email from my grandparents yesterday that made me laugh so hard as they told me that they were too OLD to wait TWO weeks for the results! I was just rolling. I know G & G!!! I am too old for it too. Isn't it HORRENDOUS!?!?! What's with that anyways. When I told my friend this she was impressed that my grandparents are on the computer and checking a blog. You two are younger than you know! Even our friend Sean, who's in his 20's didn't know what a blog is.

Speaking of Sean, I got an email from our friend Sean too; it was not only comforting but hilarious. I thought I would share it with you here as I close and head out.

Hi Kits!
Just wanted to say hello and wish you the very best today. I pray that everything goes smoothly. One of the neat parts about medicine is getting to meet parents and kids of all different kinds. I know that you will be two of the very best parents and your children will be loved dearly and very lucky to have you as parents. (And so, without further delay, I'm filling out the paper work so that you could adopt me.)
: )
Peace, Sean

Now, I won't even add here that Sean reminded us the other day that he wasn't even able to drive when we started dating and has made numerous comments about us being old. I know that isn't what he meant. Right Sean?

Okay, back to the hospital. Hopefully this will be the last time for at least nine months!!!!

No comments: