Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Missed AI

Well I went to do an interview for my next Rochester Women article last night and JB decided to ride with me since it was about 20 minutes away and he was just going to read at home anyways. He found a park to read in and I did my interview. It's an article on infertility which I am really excited about. It's been "in the works" for quite some time.

When we got home, he realized, that our VCR did not tape American Idol. Now VCRs are not humans and have no brains but since I can't even turn the VCR on, I can't actually blame JB for this. He says it is the VCR's fault, and I must believe that. Either way, we missed the final sing-off. If you could fill me in on who you think will win tonight, please comment and let me know. I was pulling for Taylor Hicks. JB was, obviously, voting for his girlfriend Katherine McPhee. However, I could have been swayed if I would have gotten to see what happened. Ebby said Simon said Taylor would win? What do you guys think?

I know the finale is two hours tonight so I am sure they will recap everything, but we were still dissapointed.


The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17
O God, I pray that when the storms of life rage against me, I will remember these words and find refuge, comfort and peace in your sheltering care. Make me aware, O God, of your singing in my life as you make your salvation clearer to me each day. Through my Savior Jesus I pray. Amen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kat did 2 songs she'd done before...the one w/ the guys w/ the drums-I love that one. Also somewhere over the rainbow. Those were great. Her last song wasn't great but I still like her better than Taylor. He's fun. I think he did 2 songs he'd done before but I don't remember them. Simon said based on his last song, he won. You should be able to recap on the net today. mom

Anonymous said...

My take on what Simon said was that they each sang 3 songs, or "3 rounds". Simon thinks Taylor won 2 of the rounds, and if that's how American votes, he's got it. Then Paula & Randy had a fit because they reminded Simon that he didnt even want to let Taylor "in" when he auditioned way back when.
:) Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

I actually watched part of it last night during our "Safe Harbor" group meeting in the student lounge. Everyone said they loved Taylor, and Simon did say that if they had been tied going into the third round then he had just won. But who knows how America will vote? :)

Anonymous said...

Taylor won...plain and simple. He is by far a better performer, and Kat really had an "okay" night. Plus, she sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow again! I know you can sing the same song twice, but 2 weeks in a row? To me, that makes her seem like a one-trick pony.
However, I tried voting for Taylor all night and my call didn't go through ONCE!

CONSPIRACY!!!!

josh

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Josh, I think JB figured some way to stop votes from going through from anyone but Kat. He called the other night and got through THREE (yes, THREE) times. Me? None. Conspiracy? I say YES!