Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Ryan & Briana: "HE turned our mourning into JOY!! Caleb is OURS!!"

I was counting minutes.
Counting hours.
Until 12:30EST.
When Ryan and Briana's birthmom was supposed to sign the papers.
And make Caleb their son forever.
They have faced SO MUCH disappointment. 
Five years of waiting.
And two second place finishes.
And then the text came in.
And I tried to do a video to send to Ryan and Briana.
And ...
Well ...
I'll let you watch for yourself.
(Excuse my messy self. I had just come in from feeding the animals.)


I have walked alongside my cousin and his wife for close to six years.
And I had no idea what this moment must feel like for them.
But I can sort of imagine.
Because as their Caleb came into their arms ...
My heart remembered so many emotions from our own adoption of Isaac over nine years ago.

I have a lot more to write.
But for now, a few photos:


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just in tears here! So thankful to the faithful God we serve!

Julie E.

Unknown said...

Thank you Jesus!!!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing!!!

Unknown said...

So beautiful. So thankful.

Ann T said...

What a perfect, beautiful baby!

Tracye said...

Perfect name. 💛 So thankful.

Anonymous said...

Celebrating God's hand in their lives!