Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

Have I mentioned how much I love my brother's wife, AD? I mean Keith is great and all, but AD is just plain fun. She is one of those moms who thinks of cool things to do. With JB working from 2pm until 7am (an extra long shift due to a great need at the hospital), I would have ended up not celebrating at all. But AD would hear nothing of that! She had a great idea to pick up a few things at the Dollar store and make it a celebration.

First idea? A 2014 Favorites! Each kid (with the help of a grown-up) filled out a sheet listing their favorite things from 2014. I'll try to post the results at a later time. It was fun to hear what their favorite things are right now in their life. Here's big Keith having an interview with Sidge (who has difficulty committing to any answer so this was no small undertaking.) 

My interview with Isaac.

Hannah passing the time (still covered in lasagna).

Charleigh photo bombing Hannah.

We then decided to pull up a Netflix and Youtube video of the countdown and ball dropping and pretend it was midnight! Another great idea by the sister-in-law.

Scrubs, who was very concerned at this point because I had totally forgotten to feed him in the midst of the New Years festivities.

After the countdown it was time for celebratory candy!

More photo bombing. The kids are so into that right now.

Then AD passed out noisemakers. Scrubs was very intrigued, but Abigail was quite upset because she could not figure out how to blow into them.

Sidge trying to show Abigail. Check out Scrubby's ears -- so far back!

Abigail still unable to get this thing to work.

Baylee checkin' out her noisemaker.

At the end of the evening, each kid picked out a book and Big Keith did the reading. After that, we put the kiddos down and I volunteered to babysit so Keith and AD could go out to celebrate their 8th wedding anniversary (which was yesterday.)

And here is a video of our celebrations!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad and I were trying to remember if when it was Keith and AD's anniversary and now I remember : )
She is a great addition to our family! Looks like a fun night.
Happy New Year! Grama Di

Kelli said...

I agree! AD is the BEST! ;)