She's hitting that age where she is adding things to her "repertoire" every day.
Fun "Abigailisms" include:
- Walking around with an old disposable camera at her eye and saying "cheese" to people.
- Pulling her hands away from her face and saying some version of "boo".
- Calling herself baby (continually). If she wants something she says: baby's.
- Raises her hand when asked "Who wants ___?"
- Riding her bike. (She rides Sidge's old three-wheeler and pushes with her feet just like the boys used to do.)
- Covering her eyes with her hands when I tell her it's time to put on her pig tails.
- Requesting the glass to be shut so that she can splash to her heart's content in the bathtub.
- Pulling up Mommy's shirt when asked, "Where is the baby?"
- Brushing her teeth. (She goes sprinting to the bathroom whenever this is going to occur.)
- Sitting on her potty. (She's gone twice, but it is still very random.)
- Trying to put her own shoes on (and if they are slip on enough, often being successful.)
- Requesting to wear certain things -- especially dresses.
- Putting her baby dolls to "bed" in blankets over and over and over again. (Here's a video of her doing just that.)
- Will stand up and lift her shirt to "pee" with her brothers.
- Wants to hug people (in her circle) before they leave a visit.
- Still stays close to Mommy when out and about but has started to wander a bit farther away.
- Yelling or saying "Lidge or Lijah" for her brother Elijah. Elijah will often say, "Abigail is the only that can call me Elijah. Otherwise my name is Sidge."
- Putting on her dress high heels and walking around the house.
- Hanging out with Mommy -- seems to prefer being with the grown-ups over the kids (who are mostly boys) any days.
- Sporty (Likes to roll a ball, ride a bike, and generally, keep up with the boys around her.)
- Particular (knows what she wants and stays true to it)
- Girly (loves to put on her high heel dress up shoes, bracelets, etc.)
- Affectionate (loves hugs and kisses and snuggling and sitting by you)
- Daddy (also uses "Dad")
- Mommy (also uses "Mom")
- Li-Jah (Elijah)
- Bu-bu (Isaac)
- Bu-bu (Scrubby)
- Ba-ba (Pacifier)
- Doggie (own variation)
- Granola bar (own variation)
- Uh oh
- Claps (for a certain song she likes to watch)
- Thank you
- All Done
I love her hugs, her humor, her personality, and her being my daughter. Her father is absolutely smitten with her. We are so blessed to have this third miracle in our lives. She's going to be a great big sister too!
Happy birthday, Miracle #3!!! :)
Signing is considered using words. So when you add the signs she uses she has about 26 words. Average vocabulary for a 2 year old is anywhere between 25 and 50 (according to some) You also need to take into consideration she has 2 older brothers who will speak for her. Keep adding signs if that is her prefered method of communication. 'bath' 'help' 'all done' are easy ones to add. 'Hot' and 'cold' are good ones too.
She is getting so big! Can't believe she is 2 already.
Thanks Bethany. Actually, she has those 3 words. Haven't done "hot" (very well) or cold yet. Good ideas! I thought they were supposed to have 50, but if it is 25, then yes -- we are okay!
Post a Comment