Saturday, July 27, 2013

Relatively Smooth

I write this from ...

... AMERICA!!!!!!

The kids and I successfully got seats on the rotator to Norfolk, Virginia yesterday. Friends from Turkey: Brandon and Logan (and their adorable little 9 month old Jackson) picked us up from the airport and let us stay at their home. We will be heading out soon to catch a civilian flight to South Florida!

Everything really went well. There were a few glitches (including the fact that the attendant couldn't get anyone to move so we could sit together on our flight.) I finally went back there myself to "evoke sympathy." I said, "I'm traveling alone, very pregnant, with three children under five years old. We have to sit together." I started asking people to make changes until we had three seats together and one aisle across.

We also found ourselves in an incredibly long line in customs in Norfolk where Sidge decided he "HAD to poop." Hmmmm .... no bathroom anywhere. Trapped in a hot hallway. Someone finally offered to let me switch to their line and get through faster only to find out that we had to wait for our luggage downstairs before we would be allowed through the magical door that had a bathroom on the other side.

I know however that people must be praying because the kids were amazing yesterday. I felt as good as  I have in a long time (and do today too.) We'll be back in the Sunshine State so soon!

No comments: