Monday, May 09, 2011

Little Announcements

I have a lot of little announcements that just need to be made! None are big enough to constitute their own blog, but they are important just the same. It's 2am Turkey Time right now. I can't sleep. So here I am pouring out my announcements. So you better read them!
  1. Because of Isaac is doing wonderfully at just over $10,000 but the last two weeks has brought a slow down in donations again. I am truly counting on people who read my blog to (a) donate and/or (b) spread the word (we have a PDF on the website that you can use to help share about this cause.) Our goal is to raise $25,000 so we are nearing the halfway mark. Please help me get the word out about our Organization. Our sponsored couple, Grant & Elizabeth have just moved to South Carolina so they will be starting the adoption process there very shortly! We are excited that it appears we have raised enough money for them to get the process started -- even if it isn't all there yet.
  2. I still have a few pashminas for sale. They are $30 and a percentage of all donations goes to support Because of Isaac.
  3. I've only had six entries in my recent Book-give-away. Click here to find out what book I am giving away and to add your comment and join in the fun.
  4. Are you a blog follower? Please join my "followers" on the side of the blog. I now have 200 in sight and would love to hit that number.
  5. My hubby JB has started a blog. I must be honest, many of you will not find it something you are interested in. However, I have a feeling that this blog is going to become a big hit with its intended audience. If I talk about JB long enough, the word permaculture will slide into conversation without effort. It's his passion. You can click here to read a post he wrote on why he is interested in permaculture. (It also defines it, which is helpful to me, even after knowing what it is, because I often can't make it succinct enough to explain it to other people.)
  6. If you are facing the giant of infertility, I encourage you to start following this blog: HELD. It was started by some ladies at Hannah's Prayer, and I hope to be involved with it through my writing in the future. It's a fantastic resource for individuals struggling with this painful journey.

1 comment:

Becky said...

John's response to the announcement that JB had started a blog on permaculture, "AWESOME." Pretty sure he will have a faithful reader in my hubby :-)

I am so excited that Grant and Elizabeth are going to be able to start the adoption process soon! The letter she wrote was absolutely beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes.