Saturday, June 28, 2008

So long intern year!

Yesterday JB worked his last day as an intern. The last six weeks have been a beast, and I am so amazingly happy that my husband now has two months of much easier rotations. I have never felt like I needed him home more than I feel it right now.

I am determined not to be a complaining pregnant person. However, my nausea and fatigue coupled with raising a new baby and managing a rambunctious puppy has left me falling into bed each night in a heap. Having JB home at a normal time (can we say 5:00?!?!) and being able to spend weekends together could not have come at a better time.

Today was the Beach Bash -- a party at the Air Force beach for all the residents to meet each other -- to say good bye to the graduating residents and meet the new interns. What a fantastic time, but man, Isaac does not like to be hot! About 3 hours after arrival he let us know that he was done being a good sport and wanted the air conditioning. He is now sitting in his swing, happy as a lark! He definitely takes after his Daddy with that warm blood.

We are so blessed to be home as a family . . . it's about time! Second year here we come.

No comments: