Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Profoundness missing

I suppose it is time for a post offering a moment of delving into the recesses of my emotion. It's time for something profound!

Only I just don't know where those recesses are right now. I am trying to access profound, but it is nowhere to be found.


So profound may have to wait for another day. Today, I will access the everyday, the mundane, the completely normal aspects of my existence. I can't find profound.

What can be found is the desire for a nap. Between this nausea and being overly tired (I thought this was just Isaac, but my pregnant friends have informed me that it is pregnancy as well), life is about the day-to-day right now. It's about JB finishing his last week of intern year. It's about making sure the dog is adequately exercised. Good exercise = good puppy. It was about preparing for our post-placement home study which was conducted last night in our home. Tonight our pastor and his wife are coming over to conduct our membership "interview." State Farm keeps calling. They want to meet with us and talk us into getting more insurance. They keep asking when a good time is for them to sit down with my husband. I keep telling them that I am looking for a good time to sit down and talk to him as well. Thursday morning is JB's graduation from his internship program. Thursday evening is a banquet. Saturday is a beach bash. Sunday is "New Members" Sunday at our church. I need to set up a two month appointment for Isaac. I need to pick up my vitamins and iron pills. Existence right now is really all I am focused on. I'm just taking one day at a time.

In other news, today I learned that my son does not like the heat! The wifia went to the splash park with the first year wives. We wanted to introduce ourselves and welcome them to the life of a resident's wife. I got to play in the water with the other kids while Tiffany stayed with Isaac. She was glad I was gung-ho about getting in the water because she certainly wasn't. Isaac really doesn't fuss at all unless he is hungry. Scratch that. He fusses when he is hot. I learned that today. He was hot and didn't like it one bit. I stripped him down to his diaper and he finally fell asleep on Andrea. Poor little guy.

Today, the last member of the wifia got the news that I was expecting. Everyone but Sarah was there today, and Johanna walked up. We told her that not only were Joia and Andrea expecting, but that another wife was as well. She immediately pointed at Tiffany, who shook her head. She didn't even glance at Jodi, who has made her desire to wait to have children quite evident. Then she looked at me. I was all that was left! It was great fun. It's been great fun telling so many people. So many people completely shocked. Including us.

Oh, I wanted to also end this post with the answer to a question we are getting every few hours from nearly everyone. I wanted to let everyone know that our plans to adopt from China have not changed one little bit. For one thing, the wait-time is quite long. I would be surprised if our daughter joined our family before 2011. For another, we have invested a lot of time and money into this adoption. It was the first thing we ever thought of doing when we were unable to have children, and we do not plan to alter that course at all.

Signing out for now. Maybe profound will drop by for a visit tomorrow.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We dont need "profound" from you Wen...we love the every day stuff, the "thats what life is all about" stuff!Thats what keeps me coming back every single day to read your blog!Profound is for GOD!! Look what HE'S done without saying a word!! Well, its IN HIS WORD, but look how it has manifested itself in YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!! THAT is PROFOUND!!!!!!!!Much Love, N and T

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Aw, thanks Nancy. I feel better!

crazystegmamaof4 said...

I agree with my wise ol' mom...that was profound enough for me, dear friend :) No need to divulge your deepest emotions...I know if this is surreal to us all reading/watching that it is waaaay more than that you guys whether you put it into words or not! Taking it day to day is all you can do :) And believe me, I'm all about the "mundane" life...whatever that is!? :) Always thinking of you and praying for your growing family.
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Amen! Nancy! That said, Wen- once in a while (probably not all that bad that we live so far apart:))I will offer some MIL advice:)
Take a long weekend off!
No blogs-no IM's, no visits, no work,"no nothing". I know... except for those things already planned that will actually be recuperative and restorative (points for big words??)
Celebrating JB's first year and joining such a fantastic Church!
But everything else can be on hold for a few days so you can get some rest and enjoy doing absolutely nothing with John and Isaac.
Take some time to soak it all in; when you are refreshed, the words will flow-you are fluent in "profound":) but you need rest and what better time than this much needed break in John's schedule.
We all love you, and truly love reading your blog but will totally understand if you take a few days off. Love ya, kiddo!

BrittPhelps said...

Hi Wendi,
I don't know if you remember me, but I am Daniel Phelps's wife (Josh and Sarah's friend). I just kind of stumbled upon your blog, and I am amazed at your family's unfolding story. God is good.. God works in ways that I would never have thought were possible (it is times like these that I have to remind myself not to put God in a box). Anyway, after having Kate, I can totally understand why people would go to the ends of the earth to have a child (through adoption, by "normal" means or any other way possible). I was thrilled to hear of Issac's adoption, what a blessing for both you guys and Issac! And now, with Issac's sibling on the way?? I have to say, your story made me cry tears of happiness.. praise God for his faithfulness, in the good times and the bad.
Thank you for posting your life on this blog! I have to say, I have enjoyed reading it!
God bless!
Brittany Phelps

Amy T. S. said...

Oh dear, sweet Wendi. I'm sorry to have to tell you that profound does not come back until at least a year postpartum, and maybe not ever. I'm still searching for it. It was a good ride though, wasn't it? ;o)

Anonymous said...

I don't know Wen-profound seemed to be in the Secret is Out blog to me -you can't share your heart's emotions more beautifully than that -or in a more fun way!> Well, knowing you and your writing abilities, maybe you can, but i wouldn't worry -we are all profoundly touched by that blog! :)Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

And, as always, "I like your MIL"!! she rocks!
Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Mary, I have to disagree with you. I think we need what Nancy said...just some every day stuff like a video of Isaac and Scrubs??? That will 'speak' volumes. love you Wen~~ Mom

Anonymous said...

Totally understand Di-how adorable is today's picture:)

Anonymous said...

omygoodness!!! What a doll face!!

Anonymous said...

you know wen, i have been having the most profound thoughts today -thoughts coming from what has happened to you and connected to my own relationship with God and all He has done in my life --i think if you could peek in all of our journals you would see how profoundly God has been working in our lives through you guys and because of all you've shared...from awe and silence, to searching for profound, to deep sharing to light, day to day every day stuff.Thank you! I had some neat conversation with God this morning :) love Tante Jan