Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Recapping my Tuesday (without photos)

So my Tuesday was equally lovely. First of all Isaac nearly made it through the night! He fed at 10pm and didn't emerge from slumber until 4:30am. Another feeding and he was back down until 8am! Glorious.

Together, Isaac and I covered quite a bit of Rochester in a short period of time. At 11:00 we stopped by Kristen's place of work to say hi to her and two women I worked with back when I worked for Dr. Kullo! It was great to see all of them.

At noon we met Kelly and Roberta for lunch at Greenmill. Kelly and Roberta were the two ladies that I worked with in setting up "Hearts like Hannah" -- our infertility support group at Christ Community Church. They have been an incredible blessing in my life, and it was great to reconnect, if only for a short time.

At 1:30pm, I made a quick visit to see Dr. Kullo up in Stabile. I have planned to have lunch with the Mayo crew tomorrow afternoon, but then Dr. Kullo called me today saying he was leaving town later this afternoon. It was great to get to visit with him. I really enjoyed the four years I spent working with him, and a big part of me is sad to say good bye to that job, even though I know it was I need to do.

Isaac and I returned home, took naps, did some feedings, and read. This has been a wonderfully relaxing trip for me (once we got through the initial "getting here" part.) I've taken lots of naps, read, and just spent some quality time with Isaac without the demands of work, chores, and Scrubs weighing on me. It's been fantastic.

Dave and Les were both on call last night. They got home around 1:00pm today and took some naps. Right now we are watching the NBA championships together and Dave has left to get us Dairy Queen! Yippee. Not sure there is much better than basketball and DQ! Tomorrow I am meeting my friend Stephanie for breakfast, the Mayo crew for lunch, and then heading to the airport. Joia, you are right. I get home on Wednesday. But I won't return to dog-watching until Thursday which is where the confusion came into play.

I should also take a brief moment to mention that Sunday was JB's first father's day. I got him some framed photos for his desk and a mouse pad with a picture on it. The framed photos include the one of the three of us on the beach, me and Isaac, and a close-up of him -- all courtesy of Kendra's amazing talen! Isaac also "made" him a little project at Care Group that included his feet prints. John loved them all and took them all to work with him. He said people have been asking when he would finally get some new baby photos to work. Bri also called to wish JB a happy father's day. What a kind thing to do -- to think of JB on a day like that.

I should tell you that JB is an amazing father. I always knew he would be, but seeing him in action is even more proof. While it took me a few weeks to feel like Isaac was really mine and that I was his mom, it took JB a few mere hours. He bonded with that kid instantly and was in love with him from the first moments they spent together. I have always wanted to see my husband be a dad, and now I have been given that amazing opportunity. It is so true that it is so inconsequential that Isaac is adopted. He is our boy, and JB is his dad. That's all I think when I see them together. Despite the horrible flight, JB so enjoyed being able to just hold Isaac through all the flights. He basically did all the holdings and feedings during the twenty-four hours of travel. I'm so blessed by this wonderful man and the wonderful father he already is.

I fly home tomorrow evening so it may be Thursday before you hear from me. Please pray that our return trip is completely and utterly boring and uneventful. JB says he has good faith in my abilities to travel solo with baby. I am not sure if he means this or is just trying to pump me up, but nonetheless, I have no choice! So here I go!

P.S. I think Isaac is starting to smile in response to my voice or words (not just because of gas.) Lesley, the pediatrician agrees so I think that is proof enough!

P.S.S. While I still don't have wedding photos up, Kristen put some up HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always known that you and John would be great parents!!