Monday, June 02, 2008

Courtesy of Kendra

I have been meaning to back up and share some details of our jam-packed Saturday. Saturday morning was a shower put on by the women of the church. I hate to put off discussion of this again, but I really want to wait until I get pictures from Kendra (no pressure Kendra.) I think a discussion of the party will be much more fun with visual aids.

However, I just did get some of Kendra's photos from the beach day in the afternoon. This was a day to say "Welcome Back" to Danny who had just returned from overseas and also to say good bye to Tristan, Shannon and their beautiful boys who will be making a new home in Turkey!

Just a quick explanation. Our church, Crossway, really puts an emphasis on their Care Groups. There are five different groups, and you attend the group in your "region". We attend the Shalimar Care Group. These groups are fantastic opportunities to really connect with people as we all know how easy it is to go to church on Sunday and never meet a single soul. I love our Care Group!!! Everyone in these photos are members of our group. Our pastor, assistant pastor, and their families were also in attendance as well.

Secondly, these pictures are courtesy of our great new friend Kendra. She is one awesome gal! And she is just as awesome a photographer. Take a look at these shots! There were many more than this (104 I think) so I just picked a few of my favorites. It was hard to narrow them down!

Micah


The men chilling in the shade


The ladies watching the kids near the water


Our Care Group Leaders: Bernard and Lisa! Awesome people!


Maddison! I have no idea what she is doing here, but isn't she darling?


Shannon and youngest son Nathan "Turbo". I will really miss them!

Jocelyn

Isaac slept during his entire first day at the beach

Tristan with Turbo


Here's the photographer, Kendra with Micah


Bernard headed up the food! Great BBQ!


How cute is Zachariah?


Can't resist another one of Zach with Turbo


Joceyln -- not afraid of getting wet or dirty
I love this one of JB. He looks so happy!





Our first beach outting as a family

Lisa monitoring Jocelyn and Madison with their little brother Isaac. (Since we borrowed their van to bring Isaac home, they believe he is their brother! :)

Can you believe we live here!!!??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures, wendi! looks like a VERY fun weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! You're right, the one of the three of you is awesome! =0) Way to go, Kendra!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Only Lisa J. looks like that at the beach!!!! :)

Looks like tons of fun. Kendra always does well. She is SUCH a blessing to ALL!

Thanks for sharing. I like that you have the new fam pic on your blog...nice! :)

yuan family said...

The weather looks awesome. I am so glad that you found such a great church. I love the picture of the three of you!

Tim and Roxanne said...

I too am so blessed by our church and caregroup. God has faithfully blessed us with this amazing "family". We are so thrilled you are part of our group and I can't thank you enough for your friendship and advice (last sunday;o). We love all three of you! (Especially our "grandbaby" and "grand-dog".)

Gammy and Pappaw