Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday in Minnesota

What a great day Isaac and I had today! I only wish I could load my pictures here so I could show everything we did in photos. Oh well. The visual aides will have to wait.

This morning we met my friend Bethany at the park outside Sodier's Field. Bethany is someone I initially met online through my infertility support group. We then figured out we were only about a half hour from each other, and she started attending some of our local Hearts Like Hannah Support Group Meetings. She has GORGEOUS twin boys: Peter and Mitchell who are just precious. At one point in the afternoon, one of the boys saw a squirrel. Mom told them to stay put and not leave the playground area, and he really tried, but in the end, the call of the squirrel was greater. He just took off racing across the grass. Of course the squirrel got away, but it was really cute to see him give way to the wind and run full speed ahead for that squirrel.

In the afternoon, I met up with the ladies at the RLS Foundation for lunch. Lois, Marilyn, Georgi, Jenny, and Gina (whom I have worked with for a year and just met for the first time) were all there. It was wonderful to get to reconnect with my coworkers. When I arrived, they gave me my itinerary for the day which included numerous work-related responsibilities including writing a grant in a mere nine minutes. Thank goodness the whole thing was a joke!

After hanging out at the Foundation, Isaac and I came home for naps before heading over to Aaron and Kristen. These were friends of our's from a Bible Study we joined at Christ Community Church. They have just adopted a son: Noah, and through our adoption processes, our families have re-connected. What a beautiful son they have. Aaron is staying home with Noah as well which seems to be working wonderfully. He is also doing cloth diapers! What a guy!

Right now, Isaac is struggling going to sleep so I should return downstairs to check on him. Tomorrow is a new day. JB called me at 7pm ready for bed. He said Scrubs was really excited to have him home. Jodi will continue to help with him during the day until I get back on Thursday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thursday? I thought you'd be back Wednesday! =0/