Tuesday, June 03, 2008

More Kendra courtesies

Once again, I have only Kendra to thank for the beautiful pictures of my shower on Saturday. I also wanted to say how amazingly blessed JB and I are to be a part of Crossway. What an amazing church family that has truly embraced us and included us in their community. And what amazing friends I have made in the process. These ladies are friends for life despite the fact I have known them under a year. What wonderful, beautiful people. Enjoy, and thanks Kendra. You rock!
The display. How beautiful is this.

Sleeping boy.

One of the gifts. I got some wonderful things. I got some things for baby, like this truck, tons of books, some clothes, and even some hand-done stitchery! But I also got a lot of stuff just for me including a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure, and facial. We also got a "date nights" in a popcorn container! Very fun.

The party was actually an open house so some people came and went, but many stayed throughout, and I opened gifts at the end.

Check out the one circle actually says: Jungle of Love! :) How cute is that?

True artistic photography style. Bravo Kendra!

The cake was a cupcake pull cake in the shape of an umbrella. How cute is this little guy on top of it?


Brittney's lions! Too fun!

Martha Stewart I am not. But look at this ice ring Brittney made!


A picture of some of the party helpers: Megan and Brittney


"Gammy" adopts all the kiddos in our Care Group as her surrogate grandchildren. She informs me that Isaac will not be an exception!


Shannon with Isaac -- she's quite used to boys with three of her own under four.



The party was at Lisa's house. Here she is with her two daughters and her granddaughter.


The littlest of ladies helped us celebrate!

Mom and her boy

Typical Isaac style: hands all over his face!


Look at that face. What a doll.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great shower! Wen, I think you've set the record for baby showers actually. I don't know anyone who's been given as many as you!

You lucky, lucky girl ;-)

Sounds like you have a wonderful church family too. I can only hope that I'm as fortunate to find a family in Christ like you all have when I settle in PA.

Iturblog said...

Yeah! Glad you found some great pics...can always cound on Kendra for excellent photography! Thanks for letting us share in your excitement! Isaac is SO precious!

Anonymous said...

O Wendi! That looked like such a great time! I love those black and white pics. I miss you guys!!!
Mom/gramma Di

AW said...

Wendi, can I just tell you that you are glowing?!? Motherhood suits you so perfectly. That shot of you and Isaac is just beautiful!

TAV said...

yes, wen. i LOVE that black and white of you and your little one. you are gorgeous! (and so is isaac :)).

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the picture of you with Isaac! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

:)

-bri

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

LOOKS LIKE A GREAT TIME...HATE THAT WE MISSED IT. GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT. :)

*TELL NICOLE TO LOOK ON THE SGM WEBSITE!!! :)

Michele said...

I love the pic of you and Isaac - so precious!!