Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Random glimpses into my world

  • 2am. Isaac is crying and hungry. I get up and reach for a pair of glasses. I keep all my glasses on my end table next to my bed. Glasses on, I begin my nightly wander to the kitchen to make a bottle. I turn on the lights. Geez the house is so dark. Make my way to Isaac's room, scoop him out of the crib, lay him on the changing table. So dark. Finally I figure out why. I've got my sunglasses on. Back to the bedroom to choose a different pair. Silly Wendi.
  • I had a dream last night that I was on American Idol. I suppose, actually, this was a nightmare as I would rank singing in front of anyone up there with getting my wisdom teeth out. (Actually, now that I think about it, I honestly think I would choose the teeth before the singing. No lie.) Apparently though, I was a favorite, despite the fact that moments before I went on, I couldn't remember the lyrics to my song. I asked my Dad to go look them up for me (I'm not sure where), and typical Dad-style he told me he'd get it done when he had some free time. I had to convince him that this couldn't wait. I was due to go on stage in front of millions at any moment!! Thank goodness I woke up before I had to actually sing. Thank goodness for both me and all the people who would have had to listen to me.
  • Scrubs' successfully went four full days without one act of thievery. Two different envelopes and one pony tail holder (that he swallowed before I retrieved) ended this amazing stretch of success. Today is a new day. Oh wait, he already got something this morning. A piece of paper from my garbarge can. We'll try again tomorrow.
  • While on the phone with JB this morning, he told me to hang on. I listened as he spoke with someone. Here is what he said: "His K is 3.5. Can we add some to his PPN. Or would it be better if I added it IV with a K-rider?" Who is this man I am married to?
  • Sarah-the-great brought us dinner last night. She brought that amazing mandarin chicken pasta dish she specializes in with salad and dessert. I'm looking forward to having more of it for lunch today. It was wonderful. Monday is early sign-out for JB. It is amazing how much better 5pm seems in comparison to 7pm. Two extra hours with JB around was just wonderful. Dad, JB, and I pulled up TV trays and decided to eat dinner while watching TV. Thus ensued a debate. No one could agree what was worse TV during dinner. JB's choice was Bizarre Foods where slugs were on the menu last night. My choice, was, embarrassing to say, The Bachelorette. I honestly believe this show is not good television and is maybe even morally a sin to watch, but I got stuck on it one night when JB was working late, and now I just want to see who she eliminates each week. Anyways, Bizarre Foods made me gag -- literally. The Bachelorette made JB gag -- literally. He actually walked into the kitchen making hacking noises. My Dad wouldn't pick. He thought they were both fairly gag-worthy. Your vote? Which is worse during dinner?

12 comments:

Gabbs said...

Bizarre Foods is worse, because I actually watch The Bachelorette, too *blush*

Rabens Family said...

Bizarre Foods is worse, but if JB likes that show he should talk to Clay about one of his favorites "Man vs Wild." The last episode Clay watched the man ate a Yak's eyeball and drank his own urine.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh, Man vs. Wild is JB's like favorite show ever. That and "survivorman". Crazy men.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh, Man vs. Wild is JB's like favorite show ever. That and "survivorman". Crazy men.

Thelsmom said...

I like the Bachlorette also! And the Bachelor. But usually I wait until there are about 6-8 left to choose from. I liked last nights a lot.

Anonymous said...

Sorry JB. Bizarre Foods is worse but I agree with you both are pretty awful.

-Bri

yuan family said...

Definitely Bizarre Foods. I watch the Bachelorette weekly online!

Anonymous said...

Sorry ladies, but the Bachelorette is a no-go for quality t.v. in my opinion (which is actually in agreement with Wendi). It does, however, have this eerie tendancy to suck you right in - hypnotic really. I have to smack myself or stump my toe purposely to snap out of it and remember how ridiculous "reality" t.v. really is! Can't vouch for Bizarre Foods, but I'll admit, it sounds pretty cool.

TAV said...

hmm. Bizarre foods sounds interesting :)

Anonymous said...

Well I must go with Bizarre Foods. Bachelorette is a little too much for me.

Anonymous said...

I love the bachelorette too! Any guesses on who she is going to pick? My vote is Graham.

Love you. AD

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

WELL, I WOULD ACTUALLY CHOOSE TO WATCH BIZARRE FOODS B/C THE BACHLORETTE IS WAY TOO MUCH FOR ME. AND I HAVE A REALLY STRONG STOMACH!! :)

FUNNY THAT BRITTANY MENTIONED "MAN VS. WILD"...WE DON'T HAVE CABLE BUT OUR 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER LOVES THIS SHOW AS WELL AS "DIRTY JOBS" WHEN WE ALLOW HER TO WATCH THEM WITH HER PAW PAW! HOW CRAZY IS THAT? :p