Wednesday, April 09, 2008

William (sort-of) conquers fear of sand

Yesterday we met for our monthly "wifia lunch" at Postal Pointe, a little beach on base. (Some people have asked me why we call ourselves the "wifia". I'm not really sure. Joia, can you explain? I think it is just a play on "mafia"? Now, I'll be embarrassed if I am way off.)

Anyways . . . back on track now. We are actually contemplating meeting here more often for our weekly lunches as it so easy for all the kids, has good shade, and no one has to clean their house in preparation for it to be destroyed by moms (and their kids.) For more pics on our beach day, check out Joia's blog (the greatest blog-picture-lady ever) HERE.

First up: Check out little William who just hated the sand! I hate to laugh, but this was just HILARIOUS! I was very proud of Tiffany who promptly decided that he could NOT live in Florida and hate the sand so this fear had to be broken as quickly as possible. Good job Tiff!



Mom trying to set him down on the sand.



Sitting in his chair but not putting his feet down.



Happy Mom gave him a chair but hating the sand . . . still.


Trying to warm up to the idea of sand and get over the fact that Mom took his chair. (Keenan could care less!)


After an hour of getting used to the sand, he seemed to be a bit more comfortable with the idea!

Here is a video from our afternoon. I realized I didn't have many videos with my new friends here at Eglin. Other than Tara, most of you have not met them. (Tara was courageous enough to attend a wifia lunch and participate in the insanity.)

Here you go:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! William cracks me up, and reminds me when Madeline, who is now 17, was afraid of the sand as well. Our local park had sand under the swings. At about Williams age, I would set her down and she would stand there and cry, scared to move. I think it was the instability of the foundation. She eventually grew out of it.
Linda

Amy T. S. said...

Hey - you're a mom! Just thought I'd point that out. And no, not to Scrubs, although you are, but you know what I mean - a human being! Just excited for you today.

TAV said...

that is too funny. baby xy will be sand-loving, i'm sure! i loved meeting the wifia while i was there! hello, wifia! :)

Anonymous said...

Wendi, sorry I didn't answer earlier...

yes, "Wifia" is just a play on the "wife mofia". I think one of the interns dubbed us that way back at the beginning, and it just sort of stuck!
(I think they actually think that we all know exactly what is going on with all of them at any given time... and we don't want anything to ruin that!) LOL!