Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shower #4

Yesterday, I had a bit of a "surprise" fourth baby shower!

The wonderful women I work with at the RLS Foundation in Rochester, Minnesota sent me three huge boxes yesterday so I could have a "baby shower in a box." The boxes included diapers, wipes, clothes, books, and other wonderful goodies like a stuffed animal, picture frame, beautiful cross, storage bin and much more! They even included a little bag with a card, bones, and a toy for Scrubs. (Ever since Tara sent him a gift in the mail, he thinks all packages contain a gift for him and watches with baited breath to see if he is going to get anything out of the deal.)

JB happened to be home and sat down to write down all the gifts we got (you know, like a girlfriend does at a real shower! He's going to be so mad I just wrote that!) It was an an awesome post-dinner activity. The women that I work with at the Foundation do such a good job of making me feel included in everything they do even though I am now doing it from my warm Florida kitchen/office instead of a snowy second floor office in good ol' Roch.

Thanks ladies for my informal "shower-in-a-box." I cannot wait to see you all when I come to visit in June with little XY in tow.

P.S. Today is a big birthday-day. My goddaughter Grace is 15! My cousins Jason and Justin are both, well old, or at least Jason's old. Justin is younger me so he is still young. Today was also the day that Roy & Joan's son Brant (Bri's brother) was born back in 1982. He passed away in 1989 but I always remember that today was his special day! I also thought my old friend Susie's birthday was today? But then I saw Kelly wished her a happy birthday a few weeks ago? April 16th seems to be a big birthday day. I think tomorrow (the 17th) is Bara's birthday?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me Grace is 5 and not 15 :)
thanks for the UTube on bullies the other day -
i had tears streaming down my face...my friend's sons get bullied --i don't get it!
jan

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Nope. Fifteen! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Jan...it's Grace her goddaughter not neice. I thought the same thing at first. I still can't believe THAT Grace is 15 either! Di

Amy T. S. said...

It's my birthday, too!

Never mind, it's not. Mine's in July.