Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Summer Hours

Yesterday I worked from 7:30-11:30 at Mayo and then went straight to RLSF and started work at 11:45. This gave me the ability to finish at 3:45 or work a little extra, which I did. I have so much to do at RLSF that I am really trying to work about 18 hours a week instead of 16. The trick is really focusing and accomplishing one piece of writing. There are so many pieces that need to be written and edited that it is hard to push through when your list in continualy growing. There are also pices I enjoy more than others, and I tend to pick those to work on first.

Yesterday, I "signed off" on three pieces which means I told the printer, "Print these babies!" Getting to the point of signing off can take weeks if not months of editing and twirking so this was a major accomplishment -- not just on my part but on the part of everyone who worked on the piece.

When I got home at 5:00 JB and took a drive to a nature center about 10 minutes from our house and spent an hour walking the trails. It has been a little on the chilly side so I had a hat and gloves on, however, I was okay without the gloves. It was a gorgeous day and a gorgeous walk. I am blessed that JB will actually not be on call for the next month. I was concerned about him not being present in the evening or morning because I will be taking shots in the a.m. and p.m. starting Friday. Lesley and Tara have both volunteered to be back-ups, but I am of course glad that JB can be around to handle this.

We returned home after hiking to watch American Idol. Sorry Aunt Linda: I was so relieved to see Ace not on the show. There is something about men who know they are good looking that I think drives women crazy (in a bad way.) I really find Chris or Taylor more attractive because they are just humble everyday guys. I really love Kelly but she had a bad evening. I thought the judges were way too hard on Kathrine McPhee. JB and I loved her (and she looked amazing as well.) Elliot is very good. I just don't know how secure his fan base is. I truly believe it will be Paris going home tonight. Just a hunch. I really like her, but that's my vote.

After American Idol, Ronnie Ray and his son Hunter stopped by. They are having a case of having too many people needing to be in too many places today so they are going to borrow our car. We very rarely use our car during the week so this is no problem. We talked for quite a bit. I always enjoy catching up with Ronnie. We laugh a lot!

Today will be another average day. I am continuing to get into work around 7:30 instead of 8:00. JB is at St. Marys everyday and has to leave the house by 7:30, so I figured, why not get moving myself a little early and have the option to enjoy more of the beautiful afternoon weather. Dr. K starts work at 7:30 anyways so this works well.

No comments: