Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Little Bits of Life

Well have a lot of tiny things going on here. Here they are (in random order)

  • We are out of milk. This means eating our dyed Easter eggs for breakfast each morning. Why do I only realize we are out of milk at 7:00 a.m. when our little grocer isn't open yet? Why can't I remember when I pass the little grocer every day?
  • JB is on call tonight (I'm trying to spell this word like "tonight" instead of like "tonite". I think it is more proper.) That means he gets 3:00-5:00 off (while I am working) and then he is back in the hospital from 5-midnight. Last time he got off at 10:00. I am hoping this will happen again.
  • The medicine I am taking for my headaches is working although I am realizing I have to take it closer to every 3 hours instead of every 4. During the last hour, I am realizing that I am becoming very "hypersensitive". This means that I start snapping at John, telling him he's talking too loud, telling him not slam the car door so hard, thinking that lights at work are way too bright etc. My head doesn't even really hurt at this point. However, I am realizing this is a sign that I am at the end of my medication working, and I need another. My doctor said I can take 13 of these a day. I am only taking about 5 or 6 so I can definitely up these.
  • I am not going to put the new shampoo in the shower until the old shampoo is completely gone from now on. I realized that JB has been using the NEW shampoo and letting me finish off the old shampoo. This bullet is also a test to see if JB is reading this far into my blog. JB if you read this and you disagree, post a comment and let me know I am wrong. But I noticed the new shampoo is being used and the old is finishing at a slower-than-expected rate. I realize that he is doing this with toothpaste as well.
  • Speaking of JB, I wanted to brag on him a minute. I know there is kind of this "taboo" among medical students preventing discussing test scores, references etc. Everyone is trying to be "low-key". However, yesterday, my husband got a letter of reference from a physician he worked with. Normally these physicians just send the letters to John's Dean and they go in his record to be used who he applies for residencies. But this physician sent him a copy. This physician also offered to write a letter for JB, something, he wrote in his letter that he very rarely does. This letter was glowing, and I was just so proud of my husband. He is going to make a fabulous doctor. I never get to "see him in action" because I can't watch him in the hospital. However, it was exciting to hear someone paint a picture of my husband doing such a wonderful job with patients. Anyways, sorry to break the medical school "code", but only a few people who read this blog are in the medical school so I feel okay to share this.
  • Speaking of the medical school, Tara sent me her results to the survey I did two days ago. Go Tara! Tara's favorite ice cream is Vanilla. I wasn't too impressed with this. She also said she only sings when by herself. This is a travesty. No one who sings as well as she does should keep it to herself.
  • We also went to dinner at John's classmate, Sean's house last night with other classmates Nick, Travis (and his wife Sarah and two kids), and Jason. Sean's girlfriend Stef was also there. Dinner was fabulous and so was the company.

All right. I can't think of anything else. That's what is going on in our lives currently.

No comments: