Sunday, April 02, 2006

Heading back to good ol' Roch

Well it is Sunday morning at what should be 8:30 but is actually 9:30 due to the time change. JB and I were going to meet Janet and Ed this afternoon for lunch at an arboretum but their daughter Cara had her baby last night.

Maia Kirsten Hurley came in at 9 pounds and 9 ounces. Now for those of you who don't know my family, please know that my cousin Cara does not belong to the "big people" side of the family (my Dad's.) Cara belongs to my side, who, while above average, are very normally sized. So for Cara, who is very petite and very average height, this was a VERY large baby. Two pounds more than she was herself at birth. However, we are so blesed that Maia and Cara are doing so well. There were a lot of people praying for this pregnancy and delivery.

So, as Ed and Janet have been up since 1:00 yesterday, we decided to let them out of their commitment to meet us for lunch. You are lucky we are so understanding guys! :)

Instead, Kathleen is making some pancakes and JB and I will take off a little earlier and maybe stop for a lunch together somewhere to break up the trip.

Yesterday, I got to see Josh & Sarah, Tyler, (who has gotten a lot taller), and the newest addition: Jordan Kyle. He is, and I mean this quite honestly (because we all say it even when we don't mean it), a very handsome newborn. I will include pictures when we get back to Rochester laster today as I took quite a few.

Yesterday I also got to see my Grama Huisman. John cooked breakfast over here at Jason and Kathleen's and Grama and him talked medical stuff for quite some time. Grama also clobbered us with an April Fool's about her getting married!!! JB and I were absolutely speechless for quite a few uncomfortable moments.

Again, I'll add some pics later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew! 9lbs 9oz. that's a big baby! Evan was 9-5, I thought that was a whopper & I'm sure I'm twice as big as Kara. Way to Go Kara! Sorry we missed you this weekend. Wish I knew you hung around today. We were home this AM (naughty, naughty - we skipped church:) - Spring Break) I made a nice breakfast for Maddi's Bday. You could've come, or we could have met you in Merrillville. Bob was home today. Oh well, we'll catch you next time. Still wish you could've made it for Easter.