Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Justin is traded

Well a few days ago, we found out that my cousin Justin had been released from the Kansas City Royals. We were all waiting to find out what would happen next. Late last night I got word that he has indeed been picked up by the Houston Astros! Poor Justin was on his way to Chicago to visit him family -- figured he'd wait there to hear from his agent instead in Omaha, Nebraska. I spoke with Kathleen last night (his sister-in-law) and she said, he got word from his agent half-way to Chicago that Texas may be "a go". Kathleen said he stopped at a mall for a few hours and then got word that Texas it was! However, being so close to the fam, I guess he drove over anyways to see his new nephew and family. I got an email from him late last night (or early this morning). He was going to get 3 hours of sleep and then drive to RoundRock, Texas. Ugh!

However, the news gets better as it appears that the AAA team in Texas he will be playing on plays in Des Moines, Iowa this weekend. We have some details to figure out, but that is only three hours from here so we may try to go see a game or two this weekend. I am excited that this team plays close to here. We'll have to see how this works out.

I'll keep you posted on this breaking news. Congrats Justin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I don't have Justin's e-mail address, we'll just say it here

GO JUSTIN!

Congratulations from Uncle Bob & Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Hopfully we will see Justin on Sunday. We are very glad for you!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Ron and Ebby