Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Countdowns


Okay, so I have three different countdowns to discuss with you today:

(1) The picture above is of my Aunt Janet and their first granddaughter Maia, daughter of Bryan and Cara Hurley. Janet sent some pictures today so I picked one to share. The countdown to Maia's birth is now past. (Okay just stay with me here. This helps my blog's theme.)

(2) You can still vote for my cousin Josh's song
WALK WITH ME which is on the Indie Countdown. It was up to 23 but is has now slipped to 27. You can actually vote every 24 hours.

(3) I would seriously covet anyone and everyone' s prayers for my headaches right now and my dear husband's patience. The headaches have gotten to a point where I sometimes feel at my wit's end. I want to cry, but John said that will make it worse so anytime my eyes start to fill up with tears, he quickly starts talking me down. As I mentioned yesterday, I took a Tylenol with Codeine at about 5:00. This helped the headache but left me feeling like I was floating somewhere not quite on this planet. I told JB I wasn't sure what I would rather have: a headache or a feeling of not knowing up from down. John said he was sure that he liked me better drugged because at least he could talk, watch TV, turn on the lights -- anything. Poor guy. I have tried to keep my headaches on the down-low with my co-workers but today two of them came up to me and if I was okay because my eyes looked so glazed. I admitted it's been a rough few weeks. All of this brings me to my last COUNTDOWN ITEM.

(4) I have decided to start a "COUNTDOWN TO IVF". I know this whole IVF thing is way too complicated for some of you (it throws me for a loop and I'm doing it) so I thought would educate everyone slowly. The whole procedure actually begins the day I start taking Lupron shots. Some of you have asked me what the Lupron is used for. Here is a definition:

Lupron® is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist. It inhibits the pituitary gland's ability to control the ovary and, therefore, has been used to reduce the likelihood of unintended ovulation during assisted reproduction treatment cycles.

All right, enough education for one day. Here is my countdown. Count with me everyone! It looks a lot closer when I see the days written out so clearly.


Days until I start Lupron: 13

Days until I go off birth control pills:17

Days until I start stims: 24 (approximately)

All right, that's enough counting for one day.

No comments: