Friday, March 31, 2006

How well do you know me?

First of all my Aunt Janet AND my Uncle Ed gave me even more information about my Uncle Ed's shirt from the "Dunkin Donuts" post. It actually says: "Maybe Dunkin' Donuts, maybe boiled cassava root". They actually eat that for breakfast. Okay, Indonesian food would be a whole MONTH of blogs.

Speaking of Janet and Ed, Janet sent me this fun post and I thought I would try it. The question is:

* * * * *
How well do you know me??

Can you name four jobs I have had in my life?
I actually worked in a t-shirt factory during my summer breaks! Yuck! Of course you all know I have been a teacher, coach, and writer.

Can you name four movies I would watch over and over?
Return to Me, Counte of Monte Christo, Armageddon, and Apollo 13.

Can you name my four favorite books?
The Secret Garden, anything by Mark Twain, the Bible, and my recent read: Hot Lights; Cold Steel. I have also been digging the Harry Potter books. Oh wait, I am past four. Well as long as I am past, one more thing, I really like non-fiction. Sometimes, when I am reading fiction, I start feeling like I am wasting my time. How pathetic is that?

Can you name four places I have lived?
Well, if you can't get at least the three states I have lived in, you don't deserve to visit this blog. Florida, Minnesota and Kentucky should be a given, but actually, I lived in Illinois when I was four for a year. So my residence have included: Fort Lauderdale suburbs, Thorton Illinois, Franklin and Bowling Green Kentucky, and (drum roll please) ... Rochester, Minnesota (can you feel my excitement in regards to the last one?)

Can you name four TV shows I love to watch?
Again, loyal readers should be able to knock these off with no problem! Survivor, Prison Break, American Idol, and I watch 24 for JB (but I don't love it.) Our favorites are all still on American Idol although JB has now gotten "McFeever" and his buddy Kathryn Mcfee almost got eliminated last night. (She survived but just barely!) That was a close one wasn't it JB?

Can you name four places I have been on vacation?
This is kinda tough because as most of you know, we love to travel. I have been to Europe (England, France, Switzerland, Italy), the Bahamas, Mexico ... and I've been to all but 7 states in the U.S. (Hawaii, Alaska, North and South Dakota, Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.)(Although some people have told me that the Dakotas shouldn't count because who would want to go there, and actually, my friend Kelsey from Wyoming said the same thing about her state. So maybe it is just 4). We have been talking about taking an overnight Amtrak to Montana to see Glacier National Park. JB hasn't been to Montana. However, we are waiting for it to warm up a bit.

Can you name four websites I visit daily?
Well this is harder. I am a web fiend. I visit all three of my email accounts (Mayo, RLS, or personal). My poor mother will often email me at all three. I visit my friend Bara's website everyday (I am excited to watch his new life develop in the USA), I visit Hannah's prayer (infertility website), and a few other of my friend's blogs pretty regularly. I am also always on the Mayo and RLS home pages. That's all I can think of right now.

Can you name four of my favorite foods?
Well I love Indian food and most everything JB cooks. However, if I was really allowing myself to eat anything, I love curly fries which is why I avoid the Mayo cafeteria, and I also love chocolate anything ... especially double oreo chocolate blizzards. I have realized that working for a cardiologist has limited my allowance for food enjoyment (did you follow that?) One day I suggested a pizza party to celebrate a lab success and he said "Pizza? That's so unhealthy." I felt very guilty. I love pizza!

Can you name four places I would rather be right now?
Fort Lauderdale or anywhere in the Caribbean. I would love to be on an Island, lying in the sun, drinking a daquiri, and not worrying about skin cancer.
* * * * *

Okay, so I hoped you learned a bunch. We are leaving for Chicago at noon today. I will probably try to drop you a line from one of my cousin's houses -- otherwise I will see you all when I get back on Sunday.

If you think of it, I now have two people I love dearly going through very trying weeks at the end of their pregnancies. Please pray for them if you think of it and that the Lord would provide patience, piece, and a positive outcome. Life is so precious! (The "pneumonic" "p's" were not on purpose ... I promise). Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ