Friday, March 03, 2006

What's up at #202

Okay so time for the nuts and bolts of our lives:
  • We got a new dishwasher (have I mentioned that?) We ran it last night. It was a glorious sound.
  • John is currently on his pediatrics rotation. He likes this SOOOO much more than surgery and is definitely made for primary care medicine. He is on a Q-4 call which means every fourth night he is on overnight call. This includes going in at 7:00 a.m. one day and coming home after lunch the next. As long as he gets sleep while overnight, this is not too painful. If the night is busy and he doesn't get any sleep, it can be very painful.
  • Speaking of call, JB is on call tonite (Friday). I plan to go to the hospital after work and take a long walk on the treadmill. There is a gym at St. Mary's for employees. Then, hopefully, we can connect and have dinner together. I also may just go hang out and get on his computer in his call room as I don't have plans tomorrow. I haven't ever actually tried this before so we will see how this works out.
  • An interesting development in my writing is the chance to include our infertility story in a book being written by a woman I have met online. To make a long story short, she is proposing this story right now for various publishing companies and would like me to include our story. Some of these she is rewriting, however, it looks like I will actually be the author of my chapter. Anyways, I am not sure if anything will ever come of this, but I am excited by the opportunity nonetheless.
  • In my other work, I am continuing to keep my eye open for other freelance writing opportunities. As I have shared before, it is my hope that in May of next year, when we most likely will move to an Air Force Base, that I will be able to write from home full-time. I am currently very close to being able to do that and hoping this will continue.
  • John has been busy planning his fourth year of medical school which will actually start the day after his third year ends (sometime in May I believe). Fourth year is spent doing various rotations. Some of these are required and some of them he chooses. Included in this will be a four week rotation at Elgin Air Force Base in the Panhandle and possibly a rotation in Africa for four weeks. He is also looking into a 2 week rotation in Utah doing wilderness medicine. I am also excited because he is going to do a 4 week rotation in reproductive endocrinology.
  • Our birds are fine and driving me crazy. The boy, Monet, has found his voice, and his voice is incredibly loud.
  • I am getting my hair cut on Sunday. It's about time.
  • We have been greeting at church about once a month. This is a little out of my comfort zone, but I enjoy it. We usually do the first Sunday of the month which will be this week.
  • Did you guys know JB has a fish tank? It's pretty cool.
  • Did I tell you we got a new dishwasher? It's pretty cool too.

No comments: