Thursday, November 17, 2022

STILL recovering

It's been a whirlwind of life here ... being sick is not fun. My energy-level is still very touch-and-go. Some days I feel like I am coming back to myself. And then the next day, I have trouble getting up and doing much of anything. This is disappointing to me. I am trying to understand that it may take quite awhile before I can do the things I used to do. I have been doing some reading, and it appears that I won't hurt myself to push a little. But holy cow, the exhaustion on the other side is something HUGE. Really big. 

In the midst of that, I have managed to keep schooling my kiddos. We have done things a bit more remote from the Kotysnki family as my energy-level just doesn't want to deal with a "lot" of people at once. Our family and the Kotysnki's have helped a lot with transporting kids. Trying to make it easier on me as I need extra rest. 

In the midst of that though, we have puppies. Oh do puppies provide a breath of fresh air. Here's a video of "Holly" who will be going to my friends, The Smiths from Eglin AFB. Jodi and her husband Cliff were fairly newly married at Eglin when we knew them. Cliff was a resident who worked with JB. They helped take care of Scrubby a lot. She's had an Aussie in her past and is so excited to be Holly's new family. 

The second puppy is going to one of John's nurses. Her mom actually. They haven't confirmed which one they are going to get so I'll let you know when they decide.

The holidays will keep us here on the farm which makes me very happy. I really like just being home and not traveling. It's funny. I always considered myself someone who LOVED to travel. But I now sort of feel on the other side. I really don't want to travel much. I just want to be home. I love my farm.

Life is really wonderful. It's so short. It's so fleeting. We are not promised tomorrow. And everyday should be left to the fullest with Jesus Christ to guide the way.


No comments: