Sunday, July 04, 2021

Happy 4th of July!

The Fourth of July is on a Sunday this year. Because we are processing chickens on Monday morning, we decided to have our "annual" Fourth of July "party" on Saturday evening.

If you don't know me, let me summarize be my saying: I'm not into the Pinterest planning stuff. It doesn't interest me at all. I'll just have people over, and we'll be together.

But my mother-in-law is, and surprisingly, so are my daughters. They will say: "Can't we decorate, Mom?" For me, the less the better. I don't like clutter, and we already have too many people in our house most of the time so extra stuff just feels . . . well . . . extra.

Anyways, I don't think I secured any pictures, but Grama and the girls decorated inside, and it looked mighty fine when all was said and done. We had:

  • the entire Kotynski family over (8 of them)
  • my Aunt and Uncle (2)
  • a good friend of Gabe's, Ms. Maryah who is a part of our ballet group and an absolute doll (1)
  • John's parents (2)
  • Shane and Linda (who have purchased a home down the road from us) and one of their kiddos, Eli, (3). 
  • **Anni is in the process of moving so she couldn't join us. 

It's so fantastic how this little area of bulls Gap has begun to grow with us! People living right around us that we love so dearly. Here are some pictures from the evening:

Our group of kiddos -- now 10 of us!

The lovely Maryah, a huge favorite of little Genevieve

Me and my pirate

Love her

Linda and me

Pretty background










When Abigail is NOT with them, we call them the "littles." When she is with them, they are the "Quad Squad"

A little less silly














No comments: