Friday, October 30, 2020

Wingspan


I'm not sure I could ever recommend something more vehemently than I am going to recommend this now. This game is FANTASTIC. I got it on a whim -- a quick recommendation from a friend online -- last Christmas. We didn't open the box until March because life was busy. But since March, I have probably played this game nearly every single day with someone in the family: JB, Jacob, or the three oldest kids. (We have taught it to seven-year-old Hannah but she isn't quite ready for it yet.) 

It has been my FAVORITE part of quarantine ... without a doubt. 

John and I have never, in our 25+ years of life together, have had a game we really played together. Oh, we've goofed around with some Yahtzee or card games, but we've never sat down together and played a game. You can play this one with anywhere from 2-5 people. We own both original and the first expansion: European. The second expansion: Oceania is due out any day and Stonemaier Games is predicting it could be the biggest run they've ever done. 

You do NOT have to like birds to play. (Isaac and I love the game and birds are not our favorite activity.) However, if you love birds then this game has some great secondary options! For example, we have downloaded an app called WINGSONG where we can listen to the sounds of the birds that we play. It's super fun.

If you have children over eight-years-old, and specifically if you have teenagers who like games, BUY THIS GAME. Truly. It is amazing. It is such a fun family thing to do. You will NOT regret it. I know it is expensive but it is WORTH the money!



No comments: