Sunday, March 15, 2020

From the wife of an ER doctor


My husband is the director of a rural ER in East Tennessee. He recently posted this on Facebook and also told our family that he is going to ask we start quarantining us on the farm.

I have honestly stopped reading much of what is floating around online about the coronavirus because truthfully, it is just a bit too much for me to inundate my emotions with. I have learned that I am better off praying and choosing my sources than opening the floodgates of information. 

I am trying to stick strictly to the facts. My husband, Dr. John Kitsteiner, is truly one of the wisest/calmest/steadies people I know. He is not a people-pleaser nor is he anyone's "pocket." (His job is thru a separate staffing company and he gets ZERO kickbacks for sick patients.) I've been having a lot of people asking me what his take on this virus and so I am asking him about fifty times a day what he thinks. 

John has been directing people to THIS page and telling them to use this as their base guide:

Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)

John is not greatly worried about how healthy people will fare with this disease. He is worried about those who battle secondary conditions. Our family has a son and Grama with asthma. That makes us take extra measures.

Remember to PRAY and ask the Lord for wisdom. 2 Timothy 1:7 says: "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

There is a CHANCE that John could be quarantined. And while he takes every precaution, there is a chance we could be away from him. 

We are trusting, praying, waiting, reaching out, reaching in, reaching up, and staying calm. 

I hope this post provides you with some encouragement and answers some questions!



No comments: