Sunday, March 29, 2020

Facing a Pandemic Together

Unprecedented. 

Nearly no one alive today remembers ever facing anything like we are facing now. 

A pandemic.

There are so many things I could say. But they are all things everyone else is saying too. Unlike so many events in the four decades of my life, this event is shared by everyone

I have faced moved and hurricanes and infertility and things that I wanted to explain to people. 

But this one? 

This thing I do not need to explain.

Because we are all living it ... together.

So together, we go on, and we face the unknown. Our Isaac has a fever and a cough right now and it has us concerned. John's job, has us concerned. 

For others: the lack of a job has them concerned. The loneliness of life has them concerned. The inability to completely quarantine because you have to go to work. How to school your kids.

We all have concerns centering on the same theme.

One of the things interesting me the most right now is that this life we have chosen to live: homesteading and homeschooling ... suddenly it makes more sense to people. I've also felt we were on the fringe. I think the fridge may be shifting to the mainstream.

Either way, we will travel it as a country and a world and a community and a city and a family ...

together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think homesteading and homeschooling "make more sense to people" and that it is shifting to the mainstream. I think that people are doing it because they have no other choice and when things go back to normal, it is highly unlikely that either of those things will become significantly more mainstream. Which is fine. Different things work for different people.