Monday, March 14, 2016

Sugar and Spice

It is so hard to paint my children accurately for those of you who have not met them in person. I feel like these pictures paint our Abigail so clearly. I was never a girly-girl. I was all tomboy. But Abigail is a princess in a tomboy body. She is out with her brothers doing all the boy things, but she almost always has a dress on. She loves ballet but carries a stick with her many places. She is incredibly shy, sweet, and spunky. Recently, she has realized that she has power when dealing with her parents and brothers. Lots of tears and deep emotions get her what she wants. So we've been working on that.

I spent so many years thinking I couldn't have children. And then, when I had two boys, I was pretty sure I would only have boys. So to see this little girl with hair the color of mine as a child ... it often leaves me a bit lost. Is she really half me and half JB? I still can't believe it.








No comments: