Tuesday, November 25, 2014

What we be up to

What a wonderful time having my parents here with us. While JB had to work three 12-hour day shifts in a row, we've been having a blast holding the fort down at home. Here is some of what we have been doing:

On Sunday, we hung out at the house. My cousin Josh (my father's nephew) and his wife and kids came to have dinner with us -- and the older three kids watched Sleeping Beauty together with Papa Coach on the couch. 

On Monday, my Mom and I decided to be adventerous. We packed the girls up in the car and made the 4 hour drive one way (8 hours round trip) back and forth to the farm so that my Mom could see the property. (We won't be living there officially until next summer.) Oh what fun it was to show her our forever home! The girls were fantastic, and the boys had a blast hanging out at the house with Grampa. Actually, when I knocked on the door around 4pm after our trip was done, Sidge answered and said, "What are you doing? It hasn't been a whole day yet. I sort a didn't have too much fun because you weren't gone long enough." They played Monopoly, did legos, and watched The Lego Movie with their Papa Coach all to themselves.

JB was off on Tuesday! In the morning, he went grocery shopping with Abigail while I went to the gym for a jog on the treadmill. (I've joined a gym right next to Kroger! It's super close and I'm really enjoying my hour there ... when I can sneak away.) Then, he cooked us a delicious lunch while the grandparents and kiddos went out for some adventure: fun toys at the dollar store and making our own yogurt! And now, we are getting ready to head to Nashville to view some Christmas lights at the Opryland Hotel! Great fun!

No comments: