Saturday, July 05, 2014

As a mom I believe that ...

I decided to compile a list of things that I am finding very true as a mom:
  • Whoever invented girls princess gloves never ... ever tried to help a little girl put them on! 
  • It's great if a kid looks cute. But if they are not naked, you have done a good job.
  • Stuffed animals procreate.
  • The dog will throw-up at the least opportune time. Okay, the kids will throw-up at the least opportune time. Heck ... when is throw-up opportune?
  • My least favorite book to read will be my child's favorite.
  • Nothing hurts worse then stepping on a lego.
  • Going to the grocery store by myself is a vacation of sorts.
  • Dogs are mandatory parts of the family when you have a child in a highchair.
  • The pantry is a good place to eat my chocolate so that I don't have to share it.
  • Peeing with an audience is part of my life.
  • Sleep is awesome.
  • A shower with the door locked is as good as a full day at the spa.
  • Brushing my teeth is totally an optional activity.
  • I can hear better than I ever could before! (A cough three doors down with a noisemaker on will have me bolted upright in no time!)
  • Chocolate covered berries count as a serving of fruit -- not dessert. 
  • Happy hour is the sixty minutes between the time the kids go to bed and the time that I do.
  • Baby wipes can be used for anything and everything.

2 comments:

Dana said...

This list is so very accurate! Amen to the pain of bare feet + Legos! And the bathroom with an audience made me laugh. My 4 kids range in age from 7-18 and I think I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've gone to the bathroom without at least one person coming in to talk. Even my soon to be college freshman son has no problems just walking in and carrying on a conversation...must be because I am a captive audience I guess! 😄

Traci said...

Perfect, just perfect. I put matchbox cars right up there with the pain of stepping on a Lego in the dark!