Friday, October 14, 2005

Go Sox!

It's been a long week. Just one of those weeks that kind of wears you down a bit. Jb has been home on research and that has been a blessing. He's really picked up a large portion of my slack around the house.

I think I would like to blame most of this long week on the White Sox. I mean, thank goodness I don't live on the east coast. I am already staying up until 11:00 every night watching baseball! If I were on the east coast, I would end up staying up until midnight. And when they play in California. Oh man, I think they play in California tonite. Oh geez, then I really stay up late.

One funny thing was, during the game they won on Wednesday night, I got an instant message (IM) from my dad around 10:30. It was the bottom of the eighth, the score was tied 1-1, and he IM's me wanting to play a game of spades! I was like "Dad, aren't you watching the game? It's the bottom of the 8th -- tie score."

His reply: "I know. That's why I want to play. I am too nervous to watch." He had turned on the radio and was listening but wanted something to distract himself with. Needless to say, we ended up losing that game of spades -- I mean if you watched the game, the ninth inning was a little intense, and both dad and I got sidetracked and had to take the loss.

Oh well, at least the Sox won!

In other news, we have a busy last three months of the year. A quick summary:

October 16-20 John's parents in town
November 4-6 Trip to Chicago with John and our friend Tara
November 10-17 Work trip (and pleasure) to DC with John
November 24-27 Thanksgiving in Chicago
December 17-31 Florida

So we've got some busy times coming up! Have a great weekend everyone and GO SOX!

No comments: