Saturday, October 22, 2005

A weekend alone watching the storm

HURRICANE WILMA

Well the company is gone -- all back to Florida where we are all anxiously watching the path of Hurrican Wilma. It was supposed to hit Sunday, then Monday, and now, as it continues to hover over Mexico, Tuesday? My dad has been Im'ming me more than normal indicating that once again he out of work, awaiting the storm. They even watched the Dolphins play a Friday night game as it was moved up to beat the coming storm.

We are also watching Wilma closely because we are supposed to go to Cozumel on our cruise in December. We are hoping this doesn't change out trip.

As for what is going on with us, apart from not having any company in town, (it feels really weird!) life is actually pretty normal. Here is a rundown of a few quick facts about what is currently going on in our lives.
  • I have officially gotten my hours changed at work. I am now working 8 hours at RLS and 24 hours at Mayo. This gives me 4 hours on Monday and 4 hours on Friday to use as I need. This time can be used to work extra at Mayo, to do some work for RLS, or to work on my stories for Rochester Women. I can also work on my houses for the Real Estate Company. This may mean working at home for RLS on the weekends or even going in to Mayo on an occasional Sunday, but I am very happy with the flexibility this provides me with.
  • JB is still on his research rotation. He will be on this rotation until the first of the year.
  • This weekend is filled with different things. Today I am going to work a booth at the Women's Health Fair for Rochester Women for an hour. Then we are going to go to church this evening. I may work a few hours tomorrow at Mayo, and then I have a Support Group meeting in the afternoon tomorrow.
  • We sold our washer and dryer. When we moved into the condo, we left it with Ron & Ebby, but they have got a new house to rent and no longer need our appliances so we had to sell them. We were very happy as we got $450 for them -- about half what we paid for them 5 years ago. Very nice treat.
  • This next weekend we are watching the Ray kids when Ron & Ebby go to Chicago. That should be fun.
  • We heard our goddaughter Jessie (Mike & Deanna's youngest in Kentucky) got a commercial on CMT. Don't know much else but do know it is a speaking role! We will let you know about that more when we know more.
  • We are heading to Chicago in two weeks. That should be a fun getaway.

That's all I have to report this morinng. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: