Sunday, December 30, 2018

Abigail (the puppy) goes home

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies." Gene Hill

How hard would it be for one little girl and her Grama to admit that a puppy they have been raising since April would be happier in another home? My dear friend, Toni, lost her husband after a fall at our farm back in May. In the midst of his death and caring for her sister and her granddaughter, Toni and Cali decided to still try to raise Abigail. But after being in their home since June, Toni and Cali made the excruciatingly difficult decision that Abigail needed a home which could give her more exercise and attention. 

Here's a picture of Cali with her little Abigail (the dog): 



Now here is where the story, however, gets beautiful. Toni contacted me telling me that they had made the decision, and she was wondering if I might know of anyone that would want to have Abigail. She wanted to personally see that the home Abigail went to was a perfect one. 

My online friend Andi had contacted me a few months ago telling me that she was interested in a puppy the next time we had a litter. She wasn't sure they would take one, but it was a major consideration. Her younger son, Evan, has a ton of energy, and she wanted to get him a dog that could keep up with him. 

However, Andi lived in Texas. Dallas. Would they really be able to drive out and pick up a dog? After a brief discussion with her husband, they decided to leave the next day and join us on the farm. 

Here is the first picture of Evan with his new dog:


There were many tears this day. It was wonderful and emotional and happy and sad all rolled into one. But we all knew this was for the best of Toni's family and Abigail. 

Here's Evan with his dog:


And here are a few pictures of them traveling back to Texas that Andi has sent me: 



While I know some people (including me) get frustrated with social media and the inundation of communication in our society, I love the connections I have to people through this amazing online world. Andi and I had never met before. Twelve years we've been in touch online. And now we share the genes of a dog. 

Sometimes, I love seeing the world go 'round,

 

1 comment:

AW said...

I just love this so much!