Friday, December 21, 2018

Christmas movies we love

"Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas!" Ebenezer Scrooge

Our kids are finally reaching an age that we feel they are "ready" to share in some of our favorite Christmas movies. (I'm skipping over all the "cartoon-ish movies that we've watched with the kids since they were very little. I wanted to share movies that were geared for the whole family -- adults included.)

I thought I would keep a running list of the Christmas/winter movies we felt were "okay" to share with our kiddos. Please take a minute to leave a comment sharing any movies you think we should check out!

There are a few things in this movie that aren't completely clean, but overall, it's just a fun movie for all ages. I can watch this over and over again!

We watched this one for the first time this year. It is just super fun and a really good time. Truly nothing major to complain about with this one. Not really "Christmas" but fun for the winter.

This is a Hallmark movie. (And you can watch it free if you do a "trial" on watchhallmarknow.com. This is truly just such a sweet and lovely story that is definitely appropriate for all ages with great lessons to discuss afterwards.
We finally decided to bust this one out this year. We were slightly concerned it might be a bit scary with "bad guys" breaking into the house, but it was received really well by my kids. They are currently calling it their favorite and asking to watch #2!
Okay so I haven't shown this to my kids yet. While very "adult appropriate" it does have a few things in it that I just don't want to explain right now. However, this is hands-down, my favorite Christmas movie for ME. (And hubby really likes it too!)
We have not watched this one with the kids yet but were thinking we may do it this year. This can't NOT be on any list.
This is another one on the "list" for this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a list of movies we watch every Christmas too. My boys refuse to watch any of the animated shows (unless I force them), but they love the others we watch. Here's a few that are good for the whole family that you don't have listed.

All the Tim Allen Santa Claus movies
The Nativity
Home Alone 2
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (with Jim Carrey - you have to be a Jim Carrey fan to like it).
Miracle on 34th Street (either the older or newer version).
The Muppet Christmas Carol (even though it's with Muppets, I think adults still enjoy it)
White Christmas (with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye)
The Polar Express (even though it's animated, we still like it)

Bethany

TAV said...

It's A Wonderful Life is one of my FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME. Adore!

Joia said...

We Loved the new Netflix movie, "Christmas Chronicles" with Kurt Russel as Santa!