Sunday, December 23, 2018

Don't forget their soul!

"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." Theodore Roosevelt

I wrote a piece for The Glorious Table a few months back entitled: Are You Parenting with the Big Picture in Mind?

I want to remind us all that the most important part of our children is their SOUL. That is the part we should be nurturing more than ever. 

Below I share a video of our last homeschooling day before the Christmas break. (Yes! We take breaks too!) Our eldest six kiddos are doing some drawing while going through and doing their "Letter of the week" memory verses.


Our youngest kiddos use the verses I linked to above. For our older kiddos, we do the full verse, making it more challenging. Check it out:

I love the A-B-C nature of these verses because they can be brought to mind easily. I, myself, have laid in bed on particularly troubling days and simply begun reciting verses from A to Z! It's easy to do. (We do one each week and then each week, we try to recite up to the point we are at which is what we are doing in the video below.)

Don't forget their souls folks! Don't forget their SOUL!

 

No comments: