Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Ballet

"Dancing is like dreaming with your feet." 

I never dreamed I'd be a ballet mom.
But my heart soars watching my shy little girl fly out of her shell. 
I love that she dances.
But more than that I love that she has a place where her soul
is nurtured as much as her body.
Where she is taught to dance
secondarily to learning to love the Lord and those around her.
Where girls are kind and encouraging. 
Where her heart can soar.

Abigail in blue and her friend Eliza in black.
Abigail preparing to lead the little princesses out onto stage.
Abigail is leading the little girls this year in their big January production.
Christmas time means celebrating Jesus' birth after class. 
My friend Kristin's daughter: Eliza and Hazel. I love watching Abigail with Eliza. Eliza will just be so patient and nudge her ever-so-slightly until Abigail is giggling and laughing and lets her wall down.


 

No comments: