Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Review: Zirrly

*******
It's review time! This time I am reviewing Zirrly which provides an opportunity to work on fine motor skills with Super Beads. We specifically reviewed the Super Beads Jewelry Set. However, there are MANY products available from Zirrly which I will reference below. 

Super Beads Jewelry SetFirst of all, what are Super Beads? Well they are the same concept as the traditional fuse beads that my kiddos have done often. If you aren't sure what that is, think tiny beads, a board with a cool shape, and ironing the shape when finished. However, instead of ironing, Super Beads allows you simply to spray the design with some water to fuse the beads together. In addition, Super Beads fit more snugly onto your Board which prevents the annoying I-slightly-tapped-my-design-and-now-it-is-totally-ruined-meltdown that often occurs in my house. (Which is only slightly better than the my sibling-slightly-tapped-my-design-and-now-it-is-totally-ruined-meltdown.) 
Our particular product of choice was the Super Beads Jewelry Set (pictured above) and it came with the following items (all for just $9.99!) 
  • 1 necklace
  • 1 pair of earrings
  • 1 bracelet
  • Design templates
  • Super Beads
  • Super Beads work tray
  • 1 spray bottle
  • 3 boards
  • 1 design tool
  • Instructions

I did this product with my two daughters (ages 4 and 6). They were able to easily participate in the product and follow the instructions with very little guidance or intervention for me. (Always a big plus in my book!)

Here are some pictures I took of my girls during our Super Beads adventure:

Hannah working on the bracelet

Abigail did the earrings and necklace

A closer look of the design template and Abigail's work

Little Hannah was able to work on this project easily.

Once the had finished with laying the beads down, I simply filled up a spray bottle with water and sprayed down the beads. After they dried, I got some pictures of the following finished products:

Hannah wearing the bracelet 

Hannah with the necklace. For some reason I didn't get a picture of the earrings but they turned out great.

Another pic of the necklace.

Another necklace picture
Okay, so now my actual review of the product. Firstly, for the price, I think this is a great buy for a rainy day activity. It is quite easy to do without much frustration and the price makes it something a family can afford without breaking the bank. The girls enjoyed what they made and enjoyed seeing it come together.

My complaint is that the water spraying wasn't quite as "easy" as I was hoping. If you don't get the spray done quite right, the beads can actually become a bit "gummy." They just weren't as firm as I would have liked. Now this was okay for the necklace and earrings, but the bracelet didn't hold up to the wear and tear of a young Hannah.

My overall take is that if you are looking for a fun gross motor activity for a reasonable price, this is a GREAT choice. However, don't expect it to be as sturdy as a product that costs a ton more. It is very appropriate for the money you spend.

I also want to encourage you to click this link below:

Super Beads {Zirrly Reviews}
This link/picture will allow you to read reviews from my fellow Schoolhouse Review Crew Bloggers. They reviewed all kinds of other products from Zirrly. I have included some of the pictures below so you can see some of them for yourself!
Super Beads Jungle Animals
Jungle Animals!
Super Beads Bird Set
Bird set!
Super Beads 3D Car and Truck
3D Car and Truck
Super Beads 3D Animals
3D Animals

Super Beads Spinning tops
Spinning Tops

You can also check out Zirrly at the following locations: 
FACEBOOK
PINTEREST
INSTAGRAM
YOUTUBE
Crew Disclaimer

1 comment:

zirrly said...

You guys did a fantastic job reviewing and presenting our Super Beads. We’re super impressed. Thanks so much!!!