Following a review of the amazing Reading Eggs program about six months ago, I contacted the company to see if there was any chance we could use the program a bit longer. We simply LOVE it. I said it before, and I'll say it again now that we have used the program for an additional six months (and are STILL using it with ALL FOUR of my kiddos):
Wow! WOW! WOW! I am just not sure I can adequately write this review. I have never felt completely overwhelmed with a review for GOOD reasons. There is so much on this program, and it is fun for the kids that I just don't even know where to start. My kiddos absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED the fun online learning opportunities in the Reading Eggs program. Honestly, I have NO idea how to write this review and actually make it not be thousands of words long.
There are FOUR main sections:
- Reading Eggs Junior (Ages 2-4): This is where my four-year-old daughter placed
- Reading Eggs (Ages 3-7): This is where my six-year-old daughter placed
- Reading Eggspress (Ages 7-13): This is where my two boys placed
- Mathseeds (Ages 3-9)
Reading Eggs was so fantastic that my boys have BEGGED me to buy them a spot. Here's the reason why. As part of my "review agreement", I received TWO free six-month subscriptions. I used them for my daughters (ages 4 and 6). My boys each did a free two-week trial. When it was up, they were absolutely begging me to get them subscriptions. They were absolutely fanatical about the program and just begged to do it every day.
Reading Eggs allows you to know exactly how your children are doing by providing an email delivered to you at the end of each "map." As a child finishes the "map", they take a quiz, and the parent receives an email sharing how they did. In addition, on each of my kids' dashboard, you can instantly see an overview of the reading skills they have learned and the number of books they have read.
One of the reasons they loved the program so much is that the program was set up with rewards. As the child completes lessons, they earn acorns (math program) and eggs (reading program). These can then be turned in for games and fun things to do. The inventors of this program really nailed it on the end combining the things kids LOVE to do (games, songs, variety, and rewards) in such a nice package that they truly can't resist wanting to log-in again.
Here is a video of my nine-year-old, Isaac, working through a lesson in the "Reading Eggspress" portion of the program:
And here is a video of my six-year-old daughter doing the "Reading Eggs" portion:
There are also some fantastic BONUS materials on the site, totally your's for the using!
- Activity Sheets -- there is actually a worksheet for EVERY lesson that they do. It is seriously never-ending. These printables give you something hands-on that you can use for each lesson that your child does.
- Homeschool -- Of special interest to me was the curriculum breakdown, week by week, for my K-2nd graders.
- The Eggsperts -- This is a video series which follows Sam, Jazz and Tom which takes young kids on a quest to find clues, hatch eggs, and meet friends in every episode (which is just under 8 minutes.) (You can also download the Eggsperts Appisodes).
- If you log in, there is a chat available at any time to help you with any problems you have.
Here's the greatest news! You can get a free 4 Week Trial 4 Week Trial of the program for your child or children. But be forewarned. If you do this trial, your kids will want you to purchase them spots. I promise! It is just too fun of a program not to want to be a part for longer.
To get a Reading Eggs account, visit here. And follow these links if you want a free 4 Week Trial of Reading Eggs.
Check out reading eggs on: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube.
Please feel free to contact me directly to ask any additional questions about this fantastic program which you can use on your computer OR your iPAD.