Saturday, July 22, 2017

Because of Isaac INCREDIBLE ANNOUNCEMENT!


The following was written by Briana -- one of our Because of Isaac couples. 
This is probably the most exciting announcement I have EVER had the pleasure of making. 

Have you ever waited for something for so long that you lost hope it would ever happen? If you’re there right now, can I just tell you: There.Is.Hope. God has not forgotten you. He has not abandoned you. If you have a desire in your heart, it is there because God placed it there. He will fulfill it because He is faithful. You just don’t get to know when or for how long it will be before He fulfills it.

Ryan and I set out on this journey to adopt 5 years ago. Our home study was approved 4 years ago last month, and I remember feeling so hopeful and confident it wouldn’t be long before we got “the call”. I have always wanted to be a mom, and I just knew God was going to make my dream come true. 

What was sure (in my mind) to be a short wait turned into months and those months turned into a year. One year turned into two. Two years into three. You get the idea. By about this time last year, I felt the last embers of hope fading. I could no longer imagine getting that call, and I even lost my obsession with knowing where my phone was every second of everyday. Those were some very dark days, if I’m being honest.

God surrounded us with people who helped us through the longest, darkest nights of our wait. They encouraged us, cried with us, and lifted us up. You know who you are. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

Our story doesn't end there...HOPE was just around the corner. Thank you, Jesus!! 

We are so happy to announce that we are matched with a beautiful expectant mom, and expecting a precious BABY BOY in less than a month. Our hearts are overwhelmed with gratitude and love for this gift of life.

In the days and weeks to come, would you pray for our expectant mom, S, and for the sweet little boy she carries. And pray for us, as we endure this final stretch of our wait. This will undoubtedly feel like the longest few weeks of our lives.

I hope our story brings a renewed sense of hope to those of you in the thick of it. He is faithful, even if you lose hope along the way.

No comments: