Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Another triathalon

I have decided to train and try to run another triathlon. This one is a bit longer than the one I did with my great friend Kristi in New Mexico back in 2010. (Five years ago?! Really?!)

Since completing that first race with Kristi, she has gone on to do more and bigger races. In fact she is completing in one of the Ironman races in a few months! That girl is crazy.

I, on the other hand, am teaming up with a friend from the Azores, Molly, who lives in Chattnooga. We are going to do a longer race but still a "mini" in comparison. This one is a 3.1 mile run, 19 mile bike, and 800 meter (1/2 mile) swim.

I am on day 2 of training.

Quite a long way to go.

I plan to do a lot more biking and swimming in hopes to stay away from stress fractures that have previously plagued me. (I got two of them after the last triathlon.)

The race is in early May. I am really excited to set this goal for myself and work to achieve it. I have about 10 pounds of Hannah-weight that I would like to take off, and in general, I just want to get back in good shape.

These short races require between 5-10 hours of exercise a week which seems like a reasonable amount.

Can't wait!


No comments: