Tuesday, January 08, 2013

What would I do without my Aunt Connie?


Well folks, the Lord knows what we need way before we need it. He knew before the beginning of time that our fifth try with IVF would be a success after five failed IUI's and four failed IVF's. (If I were a betting money, I sure wouldn't have bet on this!) He also knew that I would find myself having a very hard time with the IVF meds and that I would slip into some depression and anxiety. He knew of the pit I was in during the week we returned from America. He also knew I would be fighting some very tough morning sickness.  That's why, many months ago, he orchestrated a plan for my Aunt Connie to want to come here and for an idea to pop into her mind and my mind and for it to all work out.

Today is only half done, but I could not have done it without my Aunt Connie. My morning sickness is currently only lasting the "morning" (about 5am-11am) but just as I was in the throngs of it, Sidge threw up. Then Isaac threw up. Both boys kept finding spots on the floor to lay on (as you can see from the picture above.) They both have some of nasty bug. Abigail is sleeping a lot but currently is not showing signs of illness Praise the Lord.

Connie was with me the whole time. (And I didn't even mention that she was fighting some bug herself!) The Lord knew I'd need her. Why can't we trust Him when He proves himself faithful so frequently?

Sometimes I can get afraid. Afraid of being in a country without my "American" friends and family. Scared of how I can handle this with my three little kids. But God goes before me. He already knows.

His grace is sufficient for me.

Trust me and don't be afraid, for I am your Strength and Song. Do not let fear dissipate your energy. Instead, invest your energy in trusting Me and singing My Song. The battle for control of your mind is fierce, and years of worry have made you vulnerable to the enemy. Therefore, you need to be vigilant in guarding your thoughts. Do not despise this weakness in yourself, since I am using it to draw you closer to Me. Your constant need for Me creates an intimacy that is well worth all the effort. You are not alone in this struggle for your mind. My Spirit living within you is ever ready to help in this striving. Ask Him to control your mind; He will bless you with Life and Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I needed that this morning.

Bethany

Unknown said...

This was a terrible awful day - yet even in the thick of it...outside of my boys and dog - there is nowhere else or with whom I'd rather be. I was as sick as ya'll, "what would I have done without such wonderful distractions...and we laughed out loud a couple of times and we listened to SELAH all day. We're alive and the laundry & dishes still got done! Between the 2 of us, we make one heckuva woman! :)