Monday, January 28, 2013

What YOU have to offer

I was recently given the link to a woman's blog, and while I don't read blogs much (just don't have time), I do think this is one I am going to read regularly. I've only read a few of her posts, but mannn, are they jam-packed with stuff that is just GOOD.

I have recently been wondering what I, as a woman here on an island that is not my home, can really do. I've been feeling homesick for the life I had in Turkey, the life I had in America. Not sure where I belong here. Do I belong here?

This gal, Holley, hit home with the blog post I read today.

She writes:

She slips in quietly and sits down on the couch. Her body is curved like a question mark and I can tell something is on her mind. “I know you say relationships are important,” she says, “But what if I don’t have anything to offer others?” I nod with understanding. Don’t all women ask this at some point? We tell ourselves when I’m better, stronger, more whole then I will reach out. But we will never be complete this side of heaven. And even if you are in the darkest night of your life you still have some light to shine on those around you.She goes on to tell us that we all have at least five things to offer to other people:

She tells us that we ALL have something to offer. We all have:
  • our struggles
  • our strengths
  • our story
  • our support
  • our savior
Wow! So simple. Yet so powerful. So true.


No comments: